Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: :(

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default :(

My goodness, its gone past midnight but have been working on completely revising my policies including following so many different avenues of information websites! Loosing my mind!

I am running through Sarah's documents off childcare.co.uk which is great and real informative but a lot of them mention adding extra documents such as the evacuation procedure, adding a copy of that etc, I usually have one on the wall which all visitors/parents/children are aware, do I physically have to attach this document to my new policies and procedures for the parents and all the other documents which are suggested such as local safeguarding board....if so how do I show that I have added those attachments on? thanks

Non childminder member
    CM Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm aware, there is no rule about how you collate your policies/procedures, so it would be fine to have your emergency procedures on the wall rather than in a folder, though it wouldn't hurt to have a spare copy in there if you want to.

If you've got policies/documents that reference them, for example on fire safety, you could add a note to them saying 'The procedures for emergency evacuation are located on the wall in the entrance hall (or where ever it is).'

If these are to give out to parents, I think you have to be practical about how much they'll read, if you give them an inch thick stack of paper they'll won't read it anyway so something on the wall you point out can be a more practical way to get the information over.

If you've got extra documents that go with a policy e.g. leaflets then again you can just add a note to the policy, something on the lines of 'For additional information see...' or 'The following are also provided for your reference...'. Or, if you're making a folder, have an index list than includes the extra documents as well as the policies.

Hope that helps

jumpinjen Guest

Hi Loretta,

I'm not sure where you read that so can't comment on exactly what was said. I have my evacuation procedure in my health and safety policy, and my evacuation plan, as in a diagram of my house and which exits to use, on the wall by the exits, including all telephone numbers and contact details that I might need should I have to evacuate.

Hope that helps,

Jenni

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I make general suggestions about the type of documents you might want to have so you are meeting all the requirements.

If your ways work better for you then you should continue with them!!

It sounds like you are getting tired and stressed trying to do too much at once.

I suggest you give yourself a hug and a day off and do a bit at a time xx