Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new trampoline paperwork/insurance

Hi

Can anyone advise me as to the paperwork I need to have in place for the children to use our new trampoline. Do I need to have written permission and policy/risk assessment in place before they are allowed on it? Does this need to be in place for insurance purposes or just good practice?

Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Written permission from parents... policy... risk assessment... and make sure it's only used for children of the right age.

There was a problem a while ago - a member reported that she had written permission for a child to go on a trampoline but when he had an accident the parents sued her and she was found liable because he was not old enough to be on there.

The permission was not worth the paper it was written on because she should not have allowed it because of the child's age.

Hth

Pipsqueak Guest

You must must must abide by the manufactures guidelines so if it says - for example - no under 6's then that is what you must put into place - regardless of whinging and pleading.

NCMA insurance covers you PROVIDING you are within manufactures guidelines of usage (presume MM are the same)

I would draw up a list of what kids can and can't do - ensure everyone knows and that you will immediately revoke the priviliage of usage if its abused.

Trampolines are perfectly safe and a fab form of exercise providing the are used correctly.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Check your insurance - I'm with NCMA and there is specific instruction with clear guidelines for this. TBH it's more trouble that it's worth, mine dont use it as they can only go on one at a time
    Deb X

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a risk assesment, policy and signed permission from the parents, but I have a blanket ban for the under 8's-no exceptions.
    I have found that as most children have had no lessons(especially the boys at my house anyway) that they just mess around, throw themselves about and run around the matting. They were just throwing themselves off the net inside, or throwing things over it from outside in! Liabilitys, all of them!
    Now I have removed the net-(mine all have lessons and don't like it on)as it is broken and told all the littleys no.
    There was alot of whinging and moaning but the parents don't mind and it all stopped quite quickly. Best thing I ever did! I hate telling them off all the time and it goes in one ear and out the other-no arguing and fighting over whose turn it is either!
    It may sound harsh to do this but I am protecting myself as well as the children.

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your advice and own experinces. I think I will look into it carefully before letting the mindees on. They are all hanging their noses over it but they will just have to wait. Better to be safe than sorry!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I let mine use the trampoine, age appropriate and have obtained permission as per regulations of NCMA

I have attached my letter if it helps
    Debbie

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

i have just joined the forum and I was wondering how I can open up the attached letter as it does not seem to be letting me

Thanks
    Patch x