Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA or Michael Morton

Please can others advise me which is the best company to go with for membership and insurance??

Thanks

Vickie

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

MM is a privately owned company who provide insurance for childminders - you simply buy your insurance from them

NCMA is a registered charity and you need to buy membership from them and then you can buy insurance from them. We can be a member of ncma and buy your insurance from MM. NCMA supports childminders and lobbies local and national government to improve things for childminder. They organise regional forums 3 times a year which you can attend and give imput on various subjects

Cx

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my insurance from MM but am a member of NCMA as they have loads of stuff that can help you. I get the best of both then, get NCMA support and find MM insurance better cover. Also you get creative minds e-magazine with MM and most of my craft ideas come from that!!!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

May 94
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Michel Morton

Quote Originally Posted by vickie74 View Post
    Please can others advise me which is the best company to go with for membership and insurance??

Thanks

Vickie

Personally I perfer Michel Morton because they are cheaper. I have found that they have good customer services if you need them. There paperwork is also reasonable priced and clear to read but still includes everything you would want it to.

Karen

Penny1959 Guest

MM do not have a membership fee - so they are cheaper because of that.

But this means you are not a member of an organisation that represents childminders at all levels of government, fights childminders corner, arranges 'special deals' for childminders with the tax office and Ofsted or allows you to express you opinion and get the things that are important to you raise with government, Ofsted and so on.

Both offer childminder paperwork to buy, both offer special offers on resources / outings / shopping deals and so on.

So up to you really - personally I am with NCMA - the are in effect my union (without all the strikes etc) they speak up for me - and they are a charity that by law has to respesent it members veiws and have its members interests at the heart of everything they do.

My NCMA membership costs me less than £2 per week - well worth it I think.

Penny

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default ncma or mm

i am member of ncma but my insurance is with MM, this is because they have differing advice and support with non paying parents, both will help you get money you are due, but MM allow you to withdraw the childcare so no money no childcare, with ncma you are unable to do this so you may find fees mounting up and more out of pocket while you serve the notice period iyswim.