NCMA OR MORTON MICHEL
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile NCMA OR MORTON MICHEL

Moring ladies. I need a little help im looking at the starter packs but dont know which one to go with NCMA or Morton Michel? If anyone could help which is the best to go with that would be great.

Have a good day everyone

Penny1959 Guest

Whichever you go for make sure you take out your insurance with the same people.

Both packs do the job - so personal preference - my preference is for the NCMA one.

HOWEVER there is one big difference - and that is membership of NCMA as you do have to be a member of NCMA to have their insurance - and so an extra expense.

BUT (in my opioin) it is well worth paying to be an NCMA member because they are a bit like a union for childminders because they speak up for childminders at government level, they represent the members views, the get 'special deals' agreed with people like the tax office (the way childminders accounts are run) with Ofsted (the much lower fee that childminders pay compared to the other providers) and so much more

It is true that all childminders benefit from these 'deals' but without NCMA there would be no deals - and without members there would be no NCMA - and then we would all be worse off without an organisation speaking up for us.

There are benefits to being a NCMA member - some of which it is true to say are available from MM - but not all of them.

But to my mind it is not about the benefits it is about what NCMA do for childminders that makes it worth while paying the membership fee - and they more childminders who become members themore 'power' NCMA have when represnting childminders.

So start up packs - not a lot in it - BUT the difference is if you want to be a NCMA member or not.

More info on NCMA here www.*************

Penny

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I went with MM simply because money was tight at the time and it was the cheaper option, then when it came to renewal time I just stayed with them. I have since had to use their legal helpline and felt that it was pretty useless. I am pregnant now so when I renew in February I will have to pay for the whole year even though I'll only need it for about 4-5 months- so for this reason I'll be going for the cheaper option.
    After my maternity leave, I would really like to give NCMA a try....but I still have quite a few MM contracts left, which obviously aren't cheap, and cannot be used if I go with NCMA....so I'm not sure!