Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WARNING...NCMA........ did you know

That if you have a parent leave your setting owing money BEFORE 14th March then NCMA WILL NOT COVER YOU in reclaiming the money owed

thanks to the new ins company taking over they will only deal with contract issues from when they took over on March 14th, anything before that and they "state" they will not deal with it

feel sorry for whoever answered my call, and I have sought advice on Ins claims from a mindees mum who works in finance, she is going to get one of their contract lawyers to ring me tomorrow to advise me on what to do next

NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL
    IS BACK

jumpinjen Guest

Surely if NCMA were providing you with insurance from before that date then they are requried to honour that contract with you? It's ludicrous for a company to say that they won't provide the service you have paid before until a new company takes over.......

Hope you get it sorted,

jen x

Pipsqueak Guest

So this is their new and improved version of their services is it? Anything BEFORE this date they don't want to know about

So we have gone from a company that couldn't give a monkeys about its members to a company that just can't

Surely that is what we are paying fees for....

can you hear the mass exodus starting to happen

jumpinjen Guest

Surely it should be when you put a claim in, not the date of the incident? if you have been dealing with it through letter writing etc then you have followed all channels available to you and they should honour you..... a conversation with trading standards might be useful..... they were great with me when I took a big company on!

jen x

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting legal advice tomorrow (or early next week depending on how busy they are) from a contracts lawyer

i WONT take this lying down!!!!

i have been with NCMA sine Jan 2009, but i'm now told i'm not covered cos they changed who took over??

how is that my fault??
    IS BACK

onceinabluemoon Guest

I'm sorry but I dont see how they can do this. How can an insurance company suddenly decide that they're not going to do what you've paid them for. One for Watchdog maybe?

Thank God I went with MM!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been told that with my ongoing case that even though i have not been happy with vincents i cannot change to the new team. Nothing seems to be happening with them but i can't get help from anybody else either.

I thought that we paid our insurance so that when we had a problem they were here to help?

aly Guest

hebs...I've been with them since the same time and you know what...next year I WILL be changing over...i;ve had enough of this now....NCMA to me have done nothing to help me.!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    hebs...I've been with them since the same time and you know what...next year I WILL be changing over...i;ve had enough of this now....NCMA to me have done nothing to help me.!
    me too, i'm furious
    IS BACK

Pipsqueak Guest

I'll be changing too - NCMA are not for the childminders at all.... time for people to vote with their feet and pockets and give them a serious wake up call.

Whilst I appreciate their work on behalf of us with Ofsted and government etc the rest of it - a good percentage of what DOES matter to us at grass roots level.... they are useless. i have lost my faith in NCMA totally

I am going to explore other options of PLI as well....

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I switched to MM (didn't even wait for my NCMA PLI to be up I just cancelled it & swallowed the loss)! When you switch to MM on-going complaints aren't covered not are issues within the first 30 days (I think - maybe 90 days need to check - I'm tired)! - unless it's a new contract, so my advice is when you switch do new contracts for all excisting parents (you can still use NCMA paperwork or your own or MM), but that way you're covered from day one. (with exception of complaint already started, but then NCMA don't help much even when you are covered)!
    Blaze x

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    I switched to MM (didn't even wait for my NCMA PLI to be up I just cancelled it & swallowed the loss)! When you switch to MM on-going complaints aren't covered not are issues within the first 30 days (I think - maybe 90 days need to check - I'm tired)! - unless it's a new contract, so my advice is when you switch do new contracts for all excisting parents (you can still use NCMA paperwork or your own or MM), but that way you're covered from day one. (with exception of complaint already started, but then NCMA don't help much even when you are covered)!
    do you use your own contracts of MM's?

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would phone back and ask the same questions - it very wrong of NCMA - I will be changing come Septmeber.
    CWR

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely you paid membership before that date to be covered before that date so therefor they should honour their part of the agreement?
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Surely you paid membership before that date to be covered before that date so therefor they should honour their part of the agreement?
    Thats what i said, but apparently NO
    IS BACK

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use NCMA's LOL!
    Blaze x

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    Thats what i said, but apparently NO

do you get a refund then?
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use NCMA's too. I did check & MM are happy for you to use any contracts but as Blaze said there is a 90 day window on contracts already in place or 30 day on new contracts for transfer. No previous problems covered but that seems to be NCMA's line now.

Hebs so sorry that you have this problem

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post

do you get a refund then?
    and the rest
    IS BACK

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

that's the biggest load of tosh I've ever heard. I am so sorry Hebs. You pay NCMA your insurance NOT the person they choose to contract out their insurance to.

therefore, your fee is to be covered from when you took out the insurance. It's irrelevant to you when NCMA changed the company that provides the insurance. They are therefore saying that 2 people who've paid insurance premiums to NCMA are going to be offered inequality of cover

Pip, I hear a stampede let's hope this new chair sorts them out.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast