Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    Thats what i said, but apparently NO
    All that has changed is the Legal Advisors not the Insurance Company that is still Royal Sun Alliance so I don't see how the legal advisors can refuse to help. I would create stink on the phone Hebs.

Sad as it is if the new Legal Advisors are no improovement I fear many will leave. It is very sad that there doesn't seem to be any improvement. When you all go to your Regional Forum Meetings in the next few weeks you must ask your Policy Forum Members to take your Complaints and Concerns back to their meetings. The more that do this, pref in writing, the quicker they will have to do something.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    do you use your own contracts of MM's?
    I use the MM one's as they say about withholding care if fees are not paid.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

MM definatly seem to have addressed the issues that are the main concern of most childminders
    IS BACK

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we should print a couple of our threads off (all of them) on this subject and post them to the new chair

then let's see what she does.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    I think we should print a couple of our threads off (all of them) on this subject and post them to the new chair

thats a good idea

pauline, could we do that if we remove usernames????

i dont mind sorting it at all
    IS BACK

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Hebs, you r having a rubbish time.
    Sending hugs if that's any help.
    I have to say that NCMA are completely pants. And as for their 'advice'
    Well don't get me started.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That if you have a parent leave your setting owing money BEFORE 14th March then NCMA WILL NOT COVER YOU in reclaiming the money owed

thanks to the new ins company taking over they will only deal with contract issues from when they took over on March 14th, anything before that and they "state" they will not deal with it

feel sorry for whoever answered my call, and I have sought advice on Ins claims from a mindees mum who works in finance, she is going to get one of their contract lawyers to ring me tomorrow to advise me on what to do next

NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL
    I would be asking for a refund on that part of the fees then!
    Debbie

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise 144 View Post
    Gosh Hebs, you r having a rubbish time.
    Sending hugs if that's any help.
    I have to say that NCMA are completely pants. And as for their 'advice'
    Well don't get me started.
    I think NCMA should stick to the lobbying and profiles and conferencing and give up on the insurance side altogether - leave it to legal experts.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a good idea

pauline, could we do that if we remove usernames????

i dont mind sorting it at all
    I don't see why not, it is a public section of the forum, so no worries.
    Pauline x

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty certain that she does not take up the post until Sept. A friend of mine works for NCMA in Bromely, and I have contacted her about this but she is not in the office now until Wednesday. Will let you know what she has to say

Christine

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

well i rang NCMA back today and spoke to someone different

she was disgusted that i had been told that they wont cover me and is going to take it up with the manager (gave the name of the person i spoke to yesterday)

If vincents were dealing with it before the change then they are legally obliged to continue however if the debt is owed from before the change over and NO proceedings have started then they will cover us

so they say time will tell
    IS BACK

jumpinjen Guest

It baffles me that NCMA have been given so many million pounds from taxpayers pockets to continue improving children's services and childcare.... do the Government not know in what low esteeem many CM's hold 'their' organisation that does naff all for them?!

Jen

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    I'm pretty certain that she does not take up the post until Sept. A friend of mine works for NCMA in Bromely, and I have contacted her about this but she is not in the office now until Wednesday. Will let you know what she has to say

Christine
    let's send it to Susanna Dawson then. It's not that we don't appreciate the bigger picture of the NCMA but it's the day to day, grass roots stuff. They seem to be so out of touch with the daily support side of minders.

Mar 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA Insurance

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but was concerned about this and contacted NCMA Legal. Below is a summary of what they said on the matter of the changeover of insurance services. I thought I would share to hopefully put some minds at rest.

NCMA have chosen to switch over to an Insured service so that members know exactly what they are covered for and to improve the overall Legal Advice service. The previous providers were legal advisers and not an insurance service as of the 14th March and so new cases from 14th March go to the new legal/insurance team.

If a debt arises prior to the 14th March and the individual hasn't spoken to the previous solicitors about it, the new Insurers and NCMA will make sure that these members receive legal advice and where appropriate legal representation outside of the new Insured service (where there are reasonable prospects of successful recovery) to chase and resolve the outstanding debt ASAP (as per previous support). They have suggested that you can contact the Legal Advice Line on 029 2115 6458 where an advisor will be happy to provide them with the advice and support they require in the case of an outstanding debt.

NCMA recognised that the legal service needed to improve therefore they have made these necessary changes so that members will notice a considerable improvement.

The new Insured service not only provides legal advice and assistance in recovering debts (where there are reasonable prospects of successful recovery) but also offers legal representation in a number of other areas which can be seen on the NCMA members area.'

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

mm from now on for me.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but was concerned about this and contacted NCMA Legal. Below is a summary of what they said on the matter of the changeover of insurance services. I thought I would share to hopefully put some minds at rest.

NCMA have chosen to switch over to an Insured service so that members know exactly what they are covered for and to improve the overall Legal Advice service. The previous providers were legal advisers and not an insurance service as of the 14th March and so new cases from 14th March go to the new legal/insurance team.

If a debt arises prior to the 14th March and the individual hasn't spoken to the previous solicitors about it, the new Insurers and NCMA will make sure that these members receive legal advice and where appropriate legal representation outside of the new Insured service (where there are reasonable prospects of successful recovery) to chase and resolve the outstanding debt ASAP (as per previous support). They have suggested that you can contact the Legal Advice Line on 029 2115 6458 where an advisor will be happy to provide them with the advice and support they require in the case of an outstanding debt.

NCMA recognised that the legal service needed to improve therefore they have made these necessary changes so that members will notice a considerable improvement.

The new Insured service not only provides legal advice and assistance in recovering debts (where there are reasonable prospects of successful recovery) but also offers legal representation in a number of other areas which can be seen on the NCMA members area.'
    see this REALLY annoys me who are they to judge if it's deemed worthy

sorry but this was a step too far for me i WILL NOT be renewing my membership etc with NCMA
    IS BACK

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjen View Post
    It baffles me that NCMA have been given so many million pounds from taxpayers pockets to continue improving children's services and childcare.... do the Government not know in what low esteeem many CM's hold 'their' organisation that does naff all for them?!

Jen
    I'm sorry but I think that comment is uncalled for and very unfair.

Do you actually know how many childminders are unhappy with them? A handful of people on this forum express their unhappyiness and tell us of their bad experiences,but that is not represenative of all cms who are members. After all you think of those on here that have bad experiences with parents but that doesn't mean that all cms do.

One of the main concerns has been the advise given by a firm of Solicitors who are not NCMA and they have tried to address this issue and I have no doubt that there will be some teething problems. NCMA do do a lot for childminders. You would be paying several hundred pounds a year to OFSTED for one if they hadn't talked down our reg fee to £35. and that helps ALL cms not just NCMA members.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be far more powerful for those who have complaints to write a letter outlining their own circumstances and complaint.

jumpinjen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I'm sorry but I think that comment is uncalled for and very unfair.

Do you actually know how many childminders are unhappy with them? A handful of people on this forum express their unhappyiness and tell us of their bad experiences,but that is not represenative of all cms who are members. After all you think of those on here that have bad experiences with parents but that doesn't mean that all cms do.

One of the main concerns has been the advise given by a firm of Solicitors who are not NCMA and they have tried to address this issue and I have no doubt that there will be some teething problems. NCMA do do a lot for childminders. You would be paying several hundred pounds a year to OFSTED for one if they hadn't talked down our reg fee to £35. and that helps ALL cms not just NCMA members.
    I wrote 'do they know 'how many' not that 'do they know that all'........ You are assuming that I am assuming that 'all' am's are unhappy with ncma..... I don't assume that.

I actually personally find it offensive that the government has given the NCMA as well as the nursery alliance and others of similar ilk so much money when the ncma and others provide membership services and are not a 'for all' organisation...... I think it is wrong for that to be so.

Just my opinion but free on here to express it!

Sorry if it offends you rickysmiths!

jen x

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Jumping Jen i totally agree with you, and i DO believe that many other childminders agree with you too otherwise there wouldn't be a need for other companies such as MM would there, if every other childminder thought NCMA were the bees knees
    IS BACK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast