NCMA v MM
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who are you with if you dont mind sharing?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • MM

25 42.37%
  • NCMA

34 57.63%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCMA v MM

Registered Childminder since
    mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NCMA v MM

im sorry but what the MM stands for please?
    Iwas gonna go with NCMA but now I want to check the MM and compare but have no idea what it is

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I started with mm for 3 years then tried NCMA to see what they were like but just for 1 year didn't like the paperwork so i'm back with MM
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgnesManch View Post
    im sorry but what the MM stands for please?
    Iwas gonna go with NCMA but now I want to check the MM and compare but have no idea what it is
    Morton Michel

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lems View Post
    This is all giving me much to think about as until this forum I had only ever heard/been told of NCMA and strongly advised by tutor of DHC that NCMA is the only one worth considering as they ONLY deal with CM and their insurance is tailored just for CM. He dissmissed MM (He actually is a tutor/assessor/Iv-NVQ/DHC and his wife's registered assisstant) Looking at the poll though so far mainly use MM
    Now although I have been a member of NCMA for years and Been on Committees in various roles and have their Public Liablity and Employers Insurances.

I would not touch their broker Blufin with a barge pole. They left me, unknowingly, without car insurance for 4 months, yes I was driving the car in this time, we went to Dorset on holiday and I was driving Mindees around, and I am not the only one

I was in tears when I discovered, by accident what had happened and if I hadn't had to phone them goodness knows how long I would have been in that situation. I have been driving since 1973 and had my own insurance since 1983 and have never been put in this position before.

I do feel they try to frighten people into thinking that they are the only insureres to cove Childminders properly and this is simlply not true. There are many other insurance companies who do this and apart from the year (well 8mths!) I was with Motor Minder I have been with Churchill for years for both car and house insurance.

Oct 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with NCMA and have my contents insurance through Bluefin, it is the most competitive policy I have ever had and I have made a claim and never had a problem.

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW, this thread was so informative, i am a member of NCMA and also have my PL with them, but think when it comes up for renewal i will prob go with MM for my PL, but what happens as regards to the contracts you already have with NCMA, are they still ok or do you have to do another contract with MM?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madwoman View Post
    WOW, this thread was so informative, i am a member of NCMA and also have my PL with them, but think when it comes up for renewal i will prob go with MM for my PL, but what happens as regards to the contracts you already have with NCMA, are they still ok or do you have to do another contract with MM?
    You can continue to use your NCMA contracts, MM contracts or write your own (correctly legally worded) with MM. If transferring their is a 3 month wait for the non paying parents part of the cover is valid to ensure that you are not transferring to them with parents in arrears. New contracts are covered immediately if they are new parents with no arrears

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanx Tulip, i have a while before i need to think about it seriously but i don't think it is to early to consider your choices xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I changed from NCMA to MM after 14 years.

The fact that they made someone return a deposit that was given to hold a place, due to the fact the placement had not started was the last straw.

They really need to see things from the minders point of view for a change.
    Last edited by angeldelight; 14-02-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12