Insurance due for renewal
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Insurance due for renewal

I have been watching the threads for a few months about which insurance company is better, MM or NCMA. The time has come to renew my insurance and I was all set to change to MM when NCMA contacted me to say that they are changing solicitors as they have listened to comments childminders have made about the problems that occur when parents don't pay and now I'm not sure again.

Just wondering what the recent opinions are. I have a couple of NCMA contracts left but not sure how these compare to MM ones, in terms of how long they take to complete etc. MM insurance is more than NCMA but of course you have to be an NCMA member in order to take out their insurance which makes NCMA more expensive overall.

Anyone have any comments or opinions as to which will be better?

Registered Childminder since
    oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Insurance due for renewal

I have just changed to MM from SCMA. MM contracts are much longer - about 6 pages when SCMA was only 1.

i'm actually going to make my own contracts basing it on the MM ones. Basically including the bits that apply and missing out those that dont.

MM contracts include all the permission forms which is quite handy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just changed from NCMA to Mm after 18 years. I had a couple of problems that they hadnt helped with. They dont know Ive moved yet! I am undecided wether to keep up my NCMA membership aswell xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies.

Another thing I've been thinking about is my annual review of contracts takes place early next year. Should I write out new contracts for the parents if there are no changes, regardless of whether I am with MM or NCMA, or is it ok to initial them again (bearing in mind this will be the 3rd year I've reviewed so parents have already initialled & dated review from last year).

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You do not need to write new contracts if you are all happy with the current ones and there are no significant changes.

Hth