car insurance
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: car insurance

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default car insurance

i phoned motorminder insurance today they recommend this company in scma mag .so i spoke to a realy nice man that told me today that business class 1 is not enough for us childminders we need business class 3 .i told him ive never been ask for class 3 before,but all he said was that it was not enough and that we should have 3 .so he did his stuff and i was very happy they cove me for my 7 seater and will give me a 7 seater if something goes wrong with mine and lots of extras for only£5 more a year .look into girls

FEB 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :0)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: car insurance

I dont know if this helps, sorry.

I contacted my provider and have class 1 they said thats fine for childminders.

Found this :
    Class 1
    It is only the Regular Driver and Spouse who may have business use class 1. Business cover does NOT extend to cover any other named drivers on the policy, although the named drivers may still use the car for social, domestic and pleasure purposes.

Class 2
    Class 2 covers named drivers and the RD/Sp business use. The named drivers only have the business use cover when they are driving the car in connection with the business of the main driver, They do NOT have cover if they are driving for the business of a different employer.

Class 3
    Class 3 use provides business cover for the transportation of light goods, which have already been purchased, for example, pizzas or flowers. The driver who needs cover while selling services on a "door to door" basis will be covered by this option.

Hope this helps?
    Donna -Thinks you are all fab! Even if I do say so myself!

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: car insurance

My little ones might be classed as 'light goods' but don't think the after schoolers will be covered!

On a serious note, thanks for highlighting this ladies, I bet there'll be loads of us ringing the insurance tomorrow!