membership without insurance
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default membership without insurance

Hi does anyone know how much it is to be a pacey member without insurance. I already have it PLI with MM as couldn't afford the membership and insurance at the time.
    I know you can ring them to enquire but was wondering if somebody on here knew how much it is. Going through some things at the minute and looking at membership for pacey and gold for Childminding.co.uk
    Thanks

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In January it was about £50. You can only do it by ringing them as they do not have a membership only option online.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Hi does anyone know how much it is to be a pacey member without insurance. I already have it PLI with MM as couldn't afford the membership and insurance at the time.
    I know you can ring them to enquire but was wondering if somebody on here knew how much it is. Going through some things at the minute and looking at membership for pacey and gold for Childminding.co.uk
    Thanks
    I renewed this week. Membership is £56.71, insurance is £26.29 equaling £83. It's a shame you can't take advantage of the lower insurance with Pacey.

It's well worth getting gold membership for childcare.co.uk. You only need to get one child for a day or so to get your money back for the year. There are over 100 childminder guides and 34 free Educare and Laser Learning CPD courses. Once you get to 300 posts you can be eligible for gree membership which allows you to get 50% off gold membership. You are on 209 at the moment so not a million miles away.

4. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

The pacey membership is as expensive as I was told then, glad I asked on here.

Rick I really wish I had the money for the childcare.co.uk gold membership it is well worth the money, but I just can't squeeze it at the moment especially with new uniforms for school etc.
    But I shall waffle and waffle even more than normal now to get the 50% off.

Thank you tulip0803 and Rick for the advice.

6. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have paid for just 1 week or 1 month in the past tbh whichever I could afford at that point honestly you do see the return. The £20 for 1 month is returned in just 1 session! I did some of the courses too - basic food hygiene is worth one months membership even if you don't sign anyone and Ofsted note all the other courses you complete after registration so well worth doing :-). As for insurance I can't advise, I went for Pacey as I like the documentation and felt it was a good starting point x

8. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks natlou82, yes I think I will just have to "plunge it" as my beautiful mum used to say. Everyone on here says it's well worth it.

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I upgraded to gold membership this week. I'm so glad I did. There is all the information I need and more! I am preparing for my pre-reg and had a few questions. I really don't have confidence in PACEY (they provide support on behalf of my LA) as the information they have given me has ranged from flakey to wrong. I learnt more from reading the guides on childcare.co and on here than I did during completing the tasks for my pre-reg course. So I will insure with MM who I have used for nanny insurance.

It looks like it is really easy to cancel your subscription too. I feel I got my first months subscription back within 10 mins of reading. Lots of questions answered really well.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I upgraded to gold membership this week. I'm so glad I did. There is all the information I need and more! I am preparing for my pre-reg and had a few questions. I really don't have confidence in PACEY (they provide support on behalf of my LA) as the information they have given me has ranged from flakey to wrong. I learnt more from reading the guides on childcare.co and on here than I did during completing the tasks for my pre-reg course. So I will insure with MM who I have used for nanny insurance.

It looks like it is really easy to cancel your subscription too. I feel I got my first months subscription back within 10 mins of reading. Lots of questions answered really well.
    Thanks Lal, yes it must be really good value for money because so many on here highly rate it as well.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Thanks
    There are 4 associations that represent Cms
    -Pacey...for cms a d group settings

-PLA (Preschool Learning Alliance) also have m'ship and PLI and a number of free training via Educare plus other benefits

Both Pacey and PLA have their PLI via the RSA so exactly the same

- UKCMA which offers m'ship and PLI via Morton Michel...they represent cms only but are expensive

-The Independent CMs- Social Enterprise...this is a trade association and only represent CMs

You can decide who will represent you best when you have researched them ...just google them
    Most associations lobby for cms...some more than others and several are very active on our behalf

Good luck...as you are already registered you probably have PLI already so looking for m'ship

14. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Simona, yes I have PLI but was asking for advice on membership, have had many responses and looking at my options now, will google your suggestions also.
    Thanks again