Temporary insurance
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Temporary insurance

Hello
    I wonder if anyone can help, my insurance with Pacey is due to be renew next month. I'll be moving house in mid November relocating to a different county and I'm going to have a little brake from childminding so I can get settle my family and myself in our new place.
    Do anyone know of any company that offers temporary insurance as I will only need cover from when my Pacey ends next month up to November.
    Thank you x

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't know for sure but I think you can ask for a 'break' in your insurance. Phone pacey and ask. X

I moved and took 4 mths or so 'out' to get settled and sorted but didn't stop my insurance. To be honest I didn't even think about it!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 22-08-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you yes I will give them a call and see what they say, I really hope they can let me have it just for a few months :-)

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a condition or your registration that you must have insurance cover. Unless you are resigning from Ofsted and going to go through the registration process again when the time is right, you will need to leave it running.

Pacey will freeze membership for things like maternity leave, but that is separate to insurance.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I cancelled my registration with MM and moved to Pacey a few years back and MM refunded me pro rata
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

I literally only need it for 2 months and I feel Pacey it's so expensive to let my insurance running... :-(

7. Likes daveozoalor liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nessa80 View Post
    I literally only need it for 2 months and I feel Pacey it's so expensive to let my insurance running... :-(
    Pacey Insurance is £21 pa !!! Not expensive at all. Don't confuse your Insurance and your Pacey Membership fee.

If you want to say Registered with Ofsted then you have to keep your PLI insurance going because it is a Condition of your Ofsted Registration that you have Insurance.

If you want to take a break and not insure then you would I think have to give up your Registration and re register when you are ready but I woul have thought that would cost far more than approx £5 or 6 saved on PLI Insurance. Even if you figure in your Pacey Membership if you are off for 4 months your are saving a max of £30 is that really so much in the overall cost of the move to be worried about? It still remains an expense because although you may not be minding because it is a requirement to be Registered you have to pay it.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is only £21.00 pa I would pay it because as Rickysmiths says it costs so much more to start up again if you let anything lapse.
    How long was you thinking of having a break for because if it is only a few months just renew the insurance unless you have to renew membership also and that's what put's you off.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask the insurer. Most if not all policies carry the option the cancel and receive a pro-rata refund for the unused period (less an administration fee.) It's what people do when they move house or sell a car, etc.

12. Likes daveozoalor liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think the most important point is that having PLI Insurance is a requirement of your Registration with Ofsted irrespective of if you have any children on your books or not. It is a requirement for you to maintain your Registration pure and simple. If you do not have PLI Insurance you are breaking the terms of your Registration with Ofsted. That would automatically grade you Inadequate because you are not meeting the requirements of your registration.

14. Likes daveozoalor liked this post
    Simona Guest

Unless a CM is actually cancelling their Ofsted registration because they want a 'break' PLI is compulsory to keep while you are having that break

I have not read anywhere this rule has changed?
    It is not worth cancelling our registration with Ofsted because the cost of re-registration would be staggeringly high against what we pay for PLI while we take time off from childminding

Someone please let me know if I am wrong or anything has changed?

16. Likes daveozoalor liked this post