Childcare Costs Survey
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's an interesting document Simona & answers most of the questions I have about EYPP. Sadly I don't think I will ever have many children who qualify. I do receive a small increase in the hourly rate for funded 3 & 4yr olds as they live in an 'area of deprivation', but the families themselves wouldn't qualify for PP.

It creates an interesting scenario. Will I now look to take on qualifying 3 & 4 year olds so that I will receive and extra 53p an hour (which would give me slightly over my hourly rate), or will I continue with the usual families I have (well paid, no benefits) which means I continue to receive less than my hourly rate?

I know there have been concerns that school nurseries will aim to attract more children from low income families, but I can see that happening across all sectors. Are the families who earn above the threshold going to find it harder to find childcare?
    I have no funded children either but I think it is worth responding to the consultation if anything tell the DfE that 53 p will make no difference to quality...my view of course...
    I was particularly worried about what Ofsted should look for or not when getting the EYPP? their role is to judge good quality not funding in my view...as long as the paperwork is in order but we do not need additional burearacy

the fact all the DfE do is stress their investment not the fact that we 'subsidise' education and the LAs have been allowed for years to fund us a pittance and continue to put conditions on CMs to access it...worth getting that across

I have just responded to it and found there was plenty of room for comments...hope cms will find the time to respond

School nurseries may attract more children but is there enough room in their classrooms for another 130,000 children in a few weeks time? that is where cms must be considered and valued

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Where/how do you respond Simona? Are there specific questions to answer?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's OK. I've found it!

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...or-2-year-olds

For anyone else who's interested

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It's OK. I've found it!

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...or-2-year-olds

For anyone else who's interested
    Just completed - not sure if it will help though
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Just completed - not sure if it will help though
    No, I'm sure they'll ignore us like they usually do, but at least we can try

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12