Help help help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help help help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help help help

Have no idea where to start!!! So looking for some advice.
    Yesterday morning around 5.45 my house flooded due to a burst water pipe.

We are now being told we will be out the house for 6/9 months!!! This is obviously a massive concern regarding work etc, we are being put in an apartment for 2 weeks to start with and then will either stay there or be moved to a house until we can move back home!

So my questions are, if I contact Ofsted are they likely to ok my working from another property? If not my sister in law is a childminder could I work from get house? Would Pacey be able to help with lose of earning if I can't work??
    As you can imagine I'm totally stressed out.

All help and advice would be greatly received

Post Thanks / Like

image-725377030.jpg

This was my kitchen!!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What a horrible thing to get up too, I am not sure of what advice I can give as not with Pacey, you could possibly work from your SIL house or even the house they put you in if you get the landlords permission first step would be to contact Ofsted to see if they can offer any advice.
    Cath

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear of your news.

Do you have any sort of insurances that cover loss of earnings?

Does your CM House insurance cover for things that you have lost or might be water damaged?

I would try and set up a temporary setting in your new apartment if possible. Im assuming it would be like change of address and moving with regards to Oftsed ( dont quote me on that though) When you move you can just inform Ofsted that you have moved. I cannot see how it is any different apart from needing Landlords permission to Childmind, that may be your stumbling block.

I hope things get better for you x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly check with landlord it is ok for you to childmind from that property
    Then calculate space requirements to make sure you have enough space for current , complete upto date risk assessments for your new temporary address.
    Then inform insurance company and ofsted of change of address

If childminding from your temp address is not feasible, have a chat with sister in law, would she be ok with you mixing fro. Hers? Do the space require tens allow for this.
    Of she is ok then contact insurance company and ofsted and tell them what your plans are.

Minding from a temporary address or sister in laws is allowed in theory you just need landlords permission, calculate space, parents agreement. Risk assessments, etc.

So sorry about your flooding terrible thing to happen, are you covered with Insurance?

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good advice given, I just wanted to send hugs to you. What an awful thing to happen! Hope the 6-9 months is an over-estimate.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry

Sending you a big hug xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I have no advice. Hope everything gets sorted for you , sending hugs x

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

gosh poor you, the photo looks terrible! It is the same as someone moving I would have thought, why not try and get in with your sister in law as she will be set up for minding, if your parents don't mind and your sister in law of course....then just advise Ofsted you have moved etc....there is nothing to stop people minding together on one property I know of people that do it near me......

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a mess. Hope things work out soon.

You won't be covered by Pacey as that is Public Liability insurance, unless you have taken separate insurance out.

As to the house, ask the landlord whether you can still work, risk assess and contact Ofsted for their advice.
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vikiwizz View Post
    Have no idea where to start!!! So looking for some advice.
    Yesterday morning around 5.45 my house flooded due to a burst water pipe.

We are now being told we will be out the house for 6/9 months!!! This is obviously a massive concern regarding work etc, we are being put in an apartment for 2 weeks to start with and then will either stay there or be moved to a house until we can move back home!

So my questions are, if I contact Ofsted are they likely to ok my working from another property? If not my sister in law is a childminder could I work from get house? Would Pacey be able to help with lose of earning if I can't work??
    As you can imagine I'm totally stressed out.

All help and advice would be greatly received
    Ofsted recently published a new factsheets to help settings affected by severe weather and floods
    Not sure if it applies to you but worth a shot ringing them and see what they say...good luck hope they can help and you get sorted quickly

Link here
    Ofsted | Information for early years settings affected by severe weather

12. Likes JCrakers liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering how it is going and if you have managed to find a solution? x