Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pacey challenge childcare costs

I received this today:

This week PACEY had the opportunity to bring some balance to media coverage of a new survey on childcare costs which claimed they had risen by 19% in the last year. Closer examination revealed the survey looked only at unregistered childcare which doesn’t benefit from state funding such as childcare credits, vouchers or the free entitlement. PACEY was quoted on BBC online as well as BBC Radio Wales as well as in trade media BBC Radio Wales - Good Evening Wales, 13/01/2014 , BBC News - Childcare costs rose by 19% in 2013, says website , BBC Radio Wales - Good Evening Wales, 13/01/2014
    Debbie

2. Likes rickysmiths, Rick liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing, it makes me so cross when headlines like these get lots of media attention and they only have half of the facts. Things go up in the supermarket by percentages like these all the time - maybe I should contact my local paper to get them to run a front page on the fact that the tins of dog food I buy in Asda have gone up from 89p to £1.08 which is an increase of more than 20% !

4. Likes lisbet liked this post
    Simona Guest

It is good to see both PLA and pacey responding immediately after the survey was published

These kind of headlines only make the govt more resolved in introducing unrealistic policies in order to cut costs for parents while ignoring providers' costs...we will have to wait until Family and Daycare Trust publish their latest findings in March...more of the same I guess and no solutions on how to cut our costs.