Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pacey Members - please read

Every member who has given their email address to Pacey should have got their latest online newsletter today. In it is a survey which can be completed anonymously asking for your views.

Not sure if previous members who have left recently can use it but please give it a go and let them know what you are happy/not happy with

https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=137647444489
    Debbie

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you very much - I have not received anything from Pacey since last Friday when I had a really short survey about the support they give members. I have not received the on-line newsletter but I normally do! Thanks for the link I have completed it

Simona Guest

I am going to reflect on this request...I have engaged positively and professionally with pacey over many issues and many of my queries have gone unanswered so far

sad to say I will not jump at this survey this time...throw any criticism at me but that is the way I feel!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I am going to reflect on this request...I have engaged positively and professionally with pacey over many issues and many of my queries have gone unanswered so far

sad to say I will not jump at this survey this time...throw any criticism at me but that is the way I feel!
    Simona I am not jumping on you but this is the perfect time to make your feelings known. this survey is all about the membership of pacey, costs, the way it is run and how it could be changed. If there was one that needed constructive critic, this is the one.
    Debbie

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just filled it out it is all about money how much we earn who we look after and if we would be prepared to pay for add ons etc which I feel should be included in our amount anyway
    For the 1st time in 10yrs I'm seriously considering leaving pacey insurance

6. Likes N/A, k1rstie liked this post
    Simona Guest

Has any other cm completed this survey?
    Apart from wanting to know our income and what services we are prepared to pay for what else does the survey cover?

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for putting up the link Chatterbox. I didn't get the email; the only pacey messages I had in the last few days are "back to school" ads for resources and a training notice.

I started filling in the survey with the best of intentions, got half way through and stopped. Sorry, but I've seen this kind of survey before and it is wide open to false results and misinterpretation. The questions are asking about training, resources, representation, being listened to, etc. Fine. But the wording - "Please can you rate them in order of how useful you might find them in your role?" - is problematic and will give false responses and is wide open to being spun.

"Might???" So are we being asked how important these things are, or whether we think pacey is doing a good job of them? The survey confuses 2 very different questions with each and every response.

So, "listening to your view" is IME a 5 (really, really, very, crucially important.) But are pacey doing this? Well, I'd score them a "1" on this. I'm not doing the survey, cos I can see where this is going. I don't want to be a part of members saying something is really important to them for someone at Ivory Towers Bromley to pick up the results and read it as if we're saying they're doing a good job of it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Thanks for putting up the link Chatterbox. I didn't get the email; the only pacey messages I had in the last few days are "back to school" ads for resources and a training notice.

I started filling in the survey with the best of intentions, got half way through and stopped. Sorry, but I've seen this kind of survey before and it is wide open to false results and misinterpretation. The questions are asking about training, resources, representation, being listened to, etc. Fine. But the wording - "Please can you rate them in order of how useful you might find them in your role?" - is problematic and will give false responses and is wide open to being spun.

"Might???" So are we being asked how important these things are, or whether we think pacey is doing a good job of them? The survey confuses 2 very different questions with each and every response.

So, "listening to your view" is IME a 5 (really, really, very, crucially important.) But are pacey doing this? Well, I'd score them a "1" on this. I'm not doing the survey, cos I can see where this is going. I don't want to be a part of members saying something is really important to them for someone at Ivory Towers Bromley to pick up the results and read it as if we're saying they're doing a good job of it.
    But if you keep going through the survey there are a couple of opportunities for you to have your say, not just tick boxes. I'm sure there'd be room to tell them what you really think!

10. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Simona Guest

Bunyip...the important thing is whether you wish to continue with your pacey m'ship...if so what would you like to tell them? do you feel well represented? what are your worries? are you being listened to?

You have raised some very valid points on their service and representation in this forum...why stop now?
    I have also raised many valid points with them in many emails...some have received a reply ...some not
    I have posted on pacey Local...not always got a reply there
    I see so many people leaving pacey...why?
    I think more will follow...rumours are around

For me pacey has to come out and be a bit more approachable
    I will take a look at the survey ..at the moment the need is for pacey to come out and join the inspection debate, help us with the LA funding and agencies...

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    But if you keep going through the survey there are a couple of opportunities for you to have your say, not just tick boxes. I'm sure there'd be room to tell them what you really think!
    OK, I'll consider it. Maybe I should contact pacey about how the questions are worded. Then again, would anyone there have an answer, and would they get back to me before the survey closes? Not if recent experience is anything to go by.

Simona Guest

OK, I'll consider it. Maybe I should contact pacey about how the questions are worded. Then again, would anyone there have an answer, and would they get back to me before the survey closes? Not if recent experience is anything to go by.
    Go for it Bunyip...I am sure someone will have an answer for you at pacey HQ! maybe you could email the Director of Membeship herself...she is bound to have formulated those questions to shape future package of benefits?

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the link, Chatterbox - I didn't spot it when I skimmed through the email.

I agree it was frustrating because you could only give a 'best fit' answer, like so many of these surveys. I used the comments boxes towards the end to say quite a lot though!

15. Likes Mouse, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Update

I emailed pacey yesterday morning and, to their credit, a reply was sent yesterday afternoon. So at least some improvement in their response times.

The reply itself was rather disappointing, starting with the fact that it was anonymous, coming from an unnamed person of "The PACEY Membership Team". Forum members can decide for themselves whether they regard it as 'professional' for anyone to refuse to put their name to such a communication.

The reply made reference to my question about the vagueness of using the conditional term "might" within the more important survey points. But it completely failed to answer my questions.

Mr/Ms Anonymous expressed the view that, "The questions are certainly not intended to be misleading, opaque or misinterpreted, rather an opportunity to share your views on how you would like you [sic] membership to be shaped." OK - so I now know their intentions, but that doesn't really get us anywhere, does it?

S/he also stated, "I am sorry to read that you feel disappointed in PACEY’s performance at the moment, and would welcome some more clarity on your concerns so we can address them fully for you." I will therefore try emailing again, and maybe put the question in more simple terms so maybe they'll understand it second time around. I shall report back here. Who knows - they might even be prepared to give an answer.

Btw, I entirely agree with Lisbet about the frustration of "best fit" answers (along the lines of "how long ago did you stop beating your wife?") I didn't ask pacey about that, cos it would only confuse matters. It's the sort of thing that will see us in 6 months' time being told something is happening "because the membership responded positively" when the truth is that a lot of respondents are merely selecting the 'least worst' option so they can move onto the next page in the survey. Hardly any of the questions have a "no view/don't know/none of the above" option and you must answer all the questions. It is an entirely badly-designed survey. Probably another case of pacey doing something on the cheap, cos members simply won't pay the sort of fees it would cost to operate a truly professional organisation.

Simona Guest

I emailed pacey yesterday morning and, to their credit, a reply was sent yesterday afternoon. So at least some improvement in their response times.

The reply itself was rather disappointing, starting with the fact that it was anonymous, coming from an unnamed person of "The PACEY Membership Team". Forum members can decide for themselves whether they regard it as 'professional' for anyone to refuse to put their name to such a communication.

The reply made reference to my question about the vagueness of using the conditional term "might" within the more important survey points. But it completely failed to answer my questions.

Mr/Ms Anonymous expressed the view that, "The questions are certainly not intended to be misleading, opaque or misinterpreted, rather an opportunity to share your views on how you would like you [sic] membership to be shaped." OK - so I now know their intentions, but that doesn't really get us anywhere, does it?

S/he also stated, "I am sorry to read that you feel disappointed in PACEY’s performance at the moment, and would welcome some more clarity on your concerns so we can address them fully for you." I will therefore try emailing again, and maybe put the question in more simple terms so maybe they'll understand it second time around. I shall report back here. Who knows - they might even be prepared to give an answer.

Btw, I entirely agree with Lisbet about the frustration of "best fit" answers (along the lines of "how long ago did you stop beating your wife?") I didn't ask pacey about that, cos it would only confuse matters. It's the sort of thing that will see us in 6 months' time being told something is happening "because the membership responded positively" when the truth is that a lot of respondents are merely selecting the 'least worst' option so they can move onto the next page in the survey. Hardly any of the questions have a "no view/don't know/none of the above" option and you must answer all the questions. It is an entirely badly-designed survey. Probably another case of pacey doing something on the cheap, cos members simply won't pay the sort of fees it would cost to operate a truly professional organisation.
    Bunyip...I have been emailing the M'ship dept for the last few days...the answers come back, in fact I have one last to reply to which I received yesterday...the person ...not unnamed, appers to want to listen.
    I am told I could escalate this to the Director of M'ship herself if I want to...not really what I want or was trying to achieve is now resolved

I did the survey but did not submit it...it is obvious that pacey are trying to compete with all other associations in terms of what package they offer...
    I am also sure the discussions here in this forum have helped to kick that survey ...we have compared and listed the various packages here but without some associations responding themselves it is a bit more difficult to choose

For those who wish to connect with pacey it does give the opportunity at the end to comment as much as you can or want and express your views...don't miss that opportunity!
    Last edited by Simona; 24-08-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Simona

I've replied to their email today, requesting proper clarification over the survey, and listing a few of my current grievances.

I appreciate what members have said about filing in the survey's "Any other comments" box, but am not prepared to do that until I've had clarification on the rest of the survey that I'd have to go through first. It's a very poorly-designed survey and I suspect a lot of people will have replied one way and will have their answers interpreted in another.

Simona Guest

Hi Simona

I've replied to their email today, requesting proper clarification over the survey, and listing a few of my current grievances.

I appreciate what members have said about filing in the survey's "Any other comments" box, but am not prepared to do that until I've had clarification on the rest of the survey that I'd have to go through first. It's a very poorly-designed survey and I suspect a lot of people will have replied one way and will have their answers interpreted in another.
    Bunyip...waving back to you ...no icon as I have not worked out how you add them on??? pitiful really I know!!
    Keep us posted ..interesting to see if your questions are answered

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Bunyip...waving back to you ...no icon as I have not worked out how you add them on??? pitiful really I know!!
    Keep us posted ..interesting to see if your questions are answered
    I am moving to Morton Michel for my PLI and not renewing my PACEY membership. Have filled out questionnaire, I think their ****** stuff is rubbish, we shouldn't have to pay for full member benefits, their facebook page stuff is poor, their online presence is poor, paperwork is expensive.....and after telling me when I called to renew that all contracts should be renewed yearly in case the small print has changed and they do not stand up in court, I have abandoned them, their magazine of often just promoting PACEY, I prefer others......need I go on!!!

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree bunyip, I couldn't have said it better. I have been a member of pacey for 9 years and now feel totally disillusioned with them. Not sure where else to go though, the local officers here are really supportive at ground level, but head office?
    By the way, I replied using my phone for the first time, so I hope I have replied correctly.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

a lot of respondents are merely selecting the 'least worst' option so they can move onto the next page in the survey. Hardly any of the questions have a "no view/don't know/none of the above" option and you must answer all the questions. It is an entirely badly-designed survey.
    Bunyip, I thought you were right, the answer I really wanted was not listed, so had to do a best fit.
    My renewal is due at Easter time. I am really considering changing after 10 years if membership.

Kirstie

Simona Guest

I am not sure about this but the survey looks to me to be open to non members too...it is called Pacey members benefit

Unless non members can give their views on what they would like to have how can Pacey respond?
    maybe the members could clarify this for us?
    thank you

I have just looked at Pacey local to see if I can find this survey anywhere...I cannot see it not even in the members' area so wonder where it has come from?
    Last edited by Simona; 25-08-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast