Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PACEY INSURANCE UPDATE

Thought I would start a new thread as I feel that this matter will be going on for a while.

Two years ago I went to the NCMA conference in York and was told by a representing solicitor that you did not have to have an NCMA contract to be represented by the Company BUT it was preferable as they are tried and tested in court. I understand that members have been calling the help line for clarification recently and got a different answer.

I emailed the help line but no answer as yet.

I rang the help line this morning and spoke to the legal line help line (02921 156 458) who are obliged to return my call with 1 hour. A friendly, helpful solicitor called Kate Thomas rang me back and advised that:

If you have PL then they will act on your behalf with no charge.

There is a part of Royal and Sun Alliance called Composite that acts for legal claims with regard to contract disputes. Kate told me that if PACEY/NCMA contracts were used then there wouldn't be a charge for their services but if they were not used then advice could be given but any actions on their behalf would have to be paid for. I thought that it was interesting to note that they give advice on any matter if you are not a member and not just childminding.

I asked who organised this insurance and where it was written and so far I was told NCMA/Royal Sun Alliance had done it and that all information stating the above was sent to me when I took out my insurance. I cannot find this.

I have now spoken again to the PACEY helpline who advised me to send this in via email to secure an answer which I am now going to do. Once I get a reply I will let you know what it states and will then decide how to move on. I personally don't believe that this is the right way to do business and will be investigating further.

Sorry if I gave out incorrect advise yesterday but I had no notification from anyone to contradict what the solicitor stated in 2011.
    Debbie

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for clarifying - it does get confusing when companies change the rules and don't always notify you