NCMA Does everyone have it?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    JUL06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA Does everyone have it?

Have been with ncma since registering years ago. Had my renewal certificate last july as usual. Turns out they have cancelled the membership as the drect debit didnt go through as I had changed banks. They didnt notify me at all and are now asking for £15 renewal fee?
    Does any childminder out there not use them and have insurance through anyone else?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

I have been with NCMA for over 8 years and must say that the service they offer has got worse these past few years . When I have to phone them they seem disinterested and rush through my call ....it has taken me over a year to get them to accept that I have been unable to log in to their site. I have been looking into M.M and intend to change when my current insurance runs out ... In answer to your question I have not heard of any other company that offers insurance etc..

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I also use MM for insurance, I find them reasonably priced, good service and so far they have always sent me renewals in good time. Never had a problem with them.
    Never been with NCMA though so can't compare the two.

Apr 99
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been with NCMA. I've been insured with Morton Michel for 13 years and find them very helpful and informative. Oh and much cheaper!

6. Likes wellybelly liked this post
    Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with MM, they're always helpful. I used to be with NCMA but it was too expensive and I didn't feel I got a great deal of support especially for how much I was paying them annually.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I have re-registered recently and decided to use NCMA contracts and various other membership benefits for a year and see how I get on. If I don't feel it's worth it I will go to MM.

I recently ordered the NCMA 'EYFS and You' package with the booklet and stickers. What an absolute rip-off! £20 for a flimsy booklet and a few stickers! I really thought the booklet would be more substantial. I'm going to return it and buy cheaper elsewhere I think.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    I have re-registered recently and decided to use NCMA contracts and various other membership benefits for a year and see how I get on. If I don't feel it's worth it I will go to MM.

I recently ordered the NCMA 'EYFS and You' package with the booklet and stickers. What an absolute rip-off! £20 for a flimsy booklet and a few stickers! I really thought the booklet would be more substantial. I'm going to return it and buy cheaper elsewhere I think.
    I certainly agree with you about EYFS and You. I bought the book alone, and it still cost about £13 with P&P. To anyone who has actually read EYFS it adds nothing ecept a few photos of children, and I've plenty of those. It's a shame most their resources never seem to rise above pre-reg CM level.

I am an NCMA member and will remain so, albeit as a 'critical friend'. At least they do some campaigning, and I'm even less inclined to fund MM's profits since they started pushing the argument for CM agencies.

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm an NCMA member & have insurance through them. Never had any problems with them & have just been on their regional forum which was great.

11. Likes christine e liked this post
    Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post

No need to buy these documents, you can just download them & print them off.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with NCMA (used to be MM) and I don't regret it. MY DH registered with MM and it was £44, much more than NCMA but the membership fee does make NCMA more overall.

NCMA lobby and I like the fact that we have someone on our side.

If you are still having problems with membership, pm me and I will see what I can do as I am an NPF and we have a meeting in March
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

TAZ - Yes I found that out after parting with £20! It annoys me that NCMA make so much money out if us in this way - such a swizz!

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was with the NCMA but just don't like them. Have just got insured through Morton Michel and no regrets so far - and cheaper.

I think childcare.co.uk do their own insurance too.

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Compare the market will give you a ring back to discuss which insurance companies offers the most suitable. They have a childminders public liability insurance section.