Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: NCMA insurace

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA insurace

I received my quality start pack today from the NCMA and have been reading through it. In the contracts i have to put in my insurance number but i cant find it. I was told by my council that public liability insurance was included for a year in the NCMA quality start pack. Is my NCMA membership number the insurance number too? The parents are signing the contracts this weekend and i doubt the helpline is open now until after christmas. Thank you

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pandaeyes View Post
    I received my quality start pack today from the NCMA and have been reading through it. In the contracts i have to put in my insurance number but i cant find it. I was told by my council that public liability insurance was included for a year in the NCMA quality start pack. Is my NCMA membership number the insurance number too? The parents are signing the contracts this weekend and i doubt the helpline is open now until after christmas. Thank you
    I have insurance through the NCMA, the insurance number is different from the NCMA membership number. Have you received a certificate of membership & insurance with the pack (A4 page with 2 certificates next to each other) as the relevant numbers are on this. If you're not able to get hold of NCMA then inform the parents that you have taken out insurance through NCMA (Royal & Sun Alliance plc) and that you'll provide the number as soon as you get it.

Hope the contract signing goes smoothly - I found it took longer than I had anticipated to work through everything so give yourself plenty of time.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pandaeyes View Post
    No your membership no is not your insurance number. Your insurance number will be on your public liability insurance certificate I think that may come separate to your membership pack - give them (ncma) a call on Monday

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

hi sorry to be of no help but ive just done my pre-reg and applied to ofsted and im thinking about joining NCMA, would you say the pack is worth it?! its alot of money and i no its got lots of stuff in there and your insurance having used the documents would you recommed it?!

many thanks

steph

Post Thanks / Like

Can you have a look at one first?
    The box is quite nice.... Personally I'm only using SOME of the bits inside. The attendance register is appalling - not user friendly at all, so I'm making my own instead. I use the contracts as I also have their insurance, so you have to use them. I bought mine off eBay for £18. I would not have paid full price for it though.

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sammysplodger

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh now I must disagree.

I have used the NCMA Attendance register for 18 years and they are fab.

They record all the children you have in each age group, easy for you to see and for Ofsted to see.

They record all the child's and parents details so if you have to get out quick they have all the info you need for you or someone else if you are hurt to be able to contact parents and to know who would be in the house. It is also easy for Ofsted to see you have all the required info without them having to see all your contracts which I refuse to show Ofsted as they are private confidential documents between me and the parent.

Each child has their own page each month and the parent signs. Good if you have a disagreement about hours and charges because it is recorded and the parent has signed and agreed to what is recorded. This is also good from a Safeguarding point of view because by signing the paent is confirming the time their child was with you. Having their own page to me is vital so you can copy the page of info if needed. This proved very important when I had the first ever complaint made against me by a parent in 18 years of minding, a couple of years ago. They were accusing me of things including not informing them about something and because I had a signed register I was able to copy the page and send it to Ofsted with all the other info and it supported my side of what happened without question, because the parent had signed the register it was clear they had been informed and the complaint was not upheld. If I had not had a clear signed register it would have been the parent's word against mine and they would have upheld the complaint so I would have had that on my record for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - but is is also very easy to record the same info yourself in a different format, without having to flip over loads of pages.
    My Ofsted Inspector said she hated it, we went through it and she looked at the system I had set up instead and said mine was much more user friendly (for me and her).
    Personal preference I think.