Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trampolines and insurance

Any views on this? our trampoline is sunk into the ground, it stands about a foot high so has no safety net. Do you all have seperate ins for cm children using the trampoline or does your cm ins cover it? have you got policies/permissions for trampoline use? just wondering what others do and your thoughts on it

Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

My insurance covers cm children. I have a policy and permission from each set of parents. I also have a separate risk assessment. Children have to be over 6 years old to use it under my supervision.
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

Pipsqueak Guest

I know NCMA insurance covers you for your mindees using your trampoline in line with manufacturers guidelines.
    Have a clear policy and rules/Risk assessment

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I Think your trampoline sounds too dangerous to use if it stands only a foot high. Someone could hit the ground on it and have a serious injury - whether you're insured or not....
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny P View Post
    Any views on this? our trampoline is sunk into the ground, it stands about a foot high so has no safety net. Do you all have seperate ins for cm children using the trampoline or does your cm ins cover it? have you got policies/permissions for trampoline use? just wondering what others do and your thoughts on it
    I really want ours sunk into the ground but dh just fobs me off every time i mention it saying 'where would all the earth go'
    where did you put yours? and how far down did you dig? xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    I Think your trampoline sounds too dangerous to use if it stands only a foot high. Someone could hit the ground on it and have a serious injury - whether you're insured or not....
    the OP said that her trampoline is sunk into the ground - ie the underneath is dug out

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the key thing is as Pipsqueak said, that it is line with manufacturers guidelines - so whatever age your instruction manual says (ours is aged 8 upwards) and you don't let children under 8 go on it. You need to have a risk assessment on how you prevent under 8's (or whatever age it is) go on it as well as for those allowed to use it.
    Or so I was told by ofsted when they last visited me 

09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

its dug out really deep under neath!!! and you cant get underneath it. the soil went into building a rockery, levelling out the garden and into a skip. How do you stop under 8's going on it, bit unfair if they see others on it and they cant go on it?

09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrs robbie williams View Post
    I really want ours sunk into the ground but dh just fobs me off every time i mention it saying 'where would all the earth go'
    where did you put yours? and how far down did you dig? xx
    I have seen them sunk into the ground at quite a few theme parks, beaches etc, not sure how deep it is under but i bounce on it and have never hit the ground under it so its deep enough for me and I'm not a leightweight lol. in my eyes i see my trampoline as safer to use than ones that are high, esp as the nets are not really much protection from falling. My own son has fallen off high trampolines and yet never fallen on ours! luckily never a serious fall but once i did think he may never give me grandkids as he fell and legs were each side of a net and he was left dangling lol.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get a net around it!! I think B&Q sells them i m planning to get one to wrap around my trampoline. also we have to pull the trampoline from side to side as it can get dug into the ground as soil and the grass can get soft due to rain!! insurance iam sure garden equipment is covered.
    never came accross any thing about the insurance issue having trampoline. i have had it since nine years, ofsted never asked for it too
    Last edited by jaswinder bedi; 20-09-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny P View Post
    its dug out really deep under neath!!! and you cant get underneath it. the soil went into building a rockery, levelling out the garden and into a skip. How do you stop under 8's going on it, bit unfair if they see others on it and they cant go on it?
    you stop them from going on it by:
    your house rules
    you explain the rules and the dangers
    supervision
    etc

I know its 'unfair' but you either accept the conditions for your insurance OR you stop all of them going on.

I have a tramp and only my kids are allowed on. I can't be chewed with the who can and can't go on. James uses for practising his acrobatics mainly.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have the net on mine which is padlocked closed just in case I have an adventurer who manages to sneak past me. The padlock will only be removed by me if the child/children are old enough to go on it and have parental permission. Just an idea for you x