Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st Graded Inspection :(

I have had the call from the inspector she sounds really nice, she has said she will be here next week between 9 and 9.15am. i advised her i don't have any children on a Monday and Thursday's we are out all day (good job i said this as Ofsted hadn't relayed this properly to her and said these were the days I am available)
    I am soooooooo worried about her coming i have put all my parent pack polices etc in a nice binder so its well presented then put all of my certificates etc in a folder with my accident book visitor book fire drills etc. My flashcards are always up around my home so im hoping they go down well. I am really proud of lil one learning journey so im not worried about that.
    The one things i am really worried about are the questions she will ask me i am really not confident when people fire questions at me and i'm worried that il not know what she is asking or just freeze with the answer!
    Also i only mind a 2 year old boy who is A. very shy and doesn't like playing with anyone other than independently (i'm trying to resolve this) and B. sleeps for 4 hours of the 5 i have him. i dont want it to come across that im rubbish at my job cause of the way my lil one is
    I am hoping i am flapping to much but i am sooooooo worried i have put my heart and soul into what i do and feel like she is going to come and rip it all apart

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

1st I would say calm down as they are there to observe and inspect and not to rip it apart.

I havent had my graded inspection yet so I am not really the best to advise but going off what every one on here says as long as you follow your normal routine you will be fine.

It sounds like you have everything under control. Have you filled in your sef online, got your ra's and safe guarding policy up to date, I think they are the main things they look at.

Ofsted will understand that lo's sleep and there is not really anything you can do about that.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

SEF, SEF, SEF - that way hopefully questions will be minimal - if your lo is asleep then you have tine to charm your inspector with T and biccies
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my first inspection yesterday and felt very nervous! As said before complete your SEF, my inspector refered to this when asking questions. I definetly think it cut down on the number of questions asked, as it was so detailed. I uploaded it on my laptop incase she needed to look through it, but she had printed a copy out.

I only had one mindee who can be very clingy and grumpy at times. He cried on and off throughout the inspection but this was well behaved for him I just explained to inspector his general behaviour and she didn't bat an eye lid, even when he screamed his head off at nap time! He was tired though.

Have your paperwork laid out and re-check its all signed and dated. My inspector was impressed at parents input, so include any reviews, meetings, daily diaries you may have collected over time. Some of my parents aren't too keen on giving feedback but because I could evidence ways I have encouraged them to do so e.g. questionnaires, comments book, review meetings; she was happy enough.

Keep calm and be confident. She didn't give me any input or feedback until the end. I often though as I was talking away if I was actually saying the right things, as her face gave nothing away lol.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do great!

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I fille my SEF in and when she called she said she had recieved this I have a hard copy printed to.

I think all my paperwork is up to date I have been through it over and over and over RA are done for my entire home and I have a safeguarding in place.

What was your outcome grade CandyLove?

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your pretty organised already

She graded me a good, which I was pleased about. Its a big relief knowing I haven't got to go through it for another 3 years.

Let us know how you get on, good luck x

Post Thanks / Like

You sound very organised.

Good luck for next week - let us know how it goes

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OK so im still flapping like a silly person the good thing is that i live on a new estate so she is Going to HAVE to call before she leaves to find me HA HA as nobody can ever find me!!!

I have put my toys out (as per my planning sheet) and throughly cleaned and scrubbed the house i have a feeling she is coming tomorow as someone told me that when they give u the span of a week its usually the first day Did this happen to anyone else?

I have read through my SEF, parent pack and policys so feel certain i know them in and out.
    What sort of Questions do they ask?

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Look Mrs O is making me wait til Friday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LilyBelles View Post
    Look Mrs O is making me wait til Friday
    Never mind, at least it will be over so you can enjoy your weekend!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck hun, let us know how it goes.