OFSTED Registration Forms Sent
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OFSTED Registration Forms Sent

Hi, I am in the pre-reg stage and have sent my Registration forms off today. Just wondering what happens next? And roughly how long is it before they contact you? And ideally what should I have ready before the call? Any tips from your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

i am in pre reg stage too and just about to send off my stuff sorry i dont have any info for you but will be keeping an eye on this thread as i ned to know also

Apr2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Two days after I have sent my application I have a call from Ofsted that they got my application, and also I have been told that and envelop for me it is on the post, so I have got the envelop more forms to fill, sent it back this forms to Ofsted today, well I think I have to wait for their call or maybe another envelop

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, your right I got a call from OFSTED on Friday, confirming they have recieved my forms and have sent me some more forms to complete and return what are they? CRB Forms?

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Once they receive your crb forms back it should only take a couple of weeks hopefully as they are dong them fast at the moment. Ofsted then said it will be 5 weeks for the call but then she rang me the following week and booked me in!
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck - hope it doesn't take too long for you to get your registration through

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Apr2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post
    Hiya, your right I got a call from OFSTED on Friday, confirming they have recieved my forms and have sent me some more forms to complete and return what are they? CRB Forms?
    Yes they were CRB form and validation of identity? I have filled and sent it back them. Today I have another envelop (no forms) with the Childcare application Invoice, so, I'll pay this tomorrow and I don't think there is something else, well I'll see what's happend and I let you know

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep they've arrived CRB and validation of ID forms. I asked at the Doctor's surgery if the Doc could sign the validation forms, the receptionist wasn't sure and told me to bring them in to show the Doctor. Will they charge for this as they did with the health declaration forms? Who did you get to do yours if you don't mind me asking.

Apr2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep they've arrived CRB and validation of ID forms. I asked at the Doctor's surgery if the Doc could sign the validation forms, the receptionist wasn't sure and told me to bring them in to show the Doctor. Will they charge for this as they did with the health declaration forms? Who did you get to do yours if you don't mind me asking.
    I found this part dificult as well, as everybody that I know for more than 2 years are my friends so, I called Ofsted and told them, that I don't know anybody who can do this for me.
    The guy on the phone adviced me that If I know any childminder, but though, she is my friend, so he asked me to send all the original docs and i also sent a pre-paid envelop Next Day Delivery.
    It was very quick, It was sent on Wednesday afternoon and I have docs back on Friday at 8 am
    Also I paid my application fee, so hope that's all, next maybe I will get a call for inspection

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Susana0600 lets see what the docs say, if they can't help I may ask OFSTED for advise like you did. Thanks for the tip. Probably my mentor may be able to help?

I wish you all the best for your registration and hope it's quick for you and I will hopefully follow you shortly keep us updated on how you progress. I will too

Thanks for the quick reply really appreciated

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Has everyone here had absolutley everything in place i.e ready to childmind before they submit their registration to OFSTED? I'm pre-reg but am currently doing CYPOP5 and have my first aid booked in. Wondering if now is too early to submit registration and get the ball rolling with OFSTED?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi rebecca4573 sorry for the delay in responding but just seen your post.

I'd say the sooner you can get your registration forms in the better. CRB's can take a while although mine came back within 2 weeks. I've completed the CYPOP5 and First Aid course, CRB's back etc but still waiting for pre-reg visit! Called OFSTED and they said Prospect should be in touch soon, this was over two weeks ago still no news from them, may have to call them again.

I haven't completed everything but have some policies and procedures and risk assessments ready and these have been checked by the development officer and she checked against her list that I had the compulsory ones. I have also prepared permissions, parent pack, and a planning folder with some long term themes and am collecting resources slowly for the themes.

Good luck and keep us updated on how you get on.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say the sooner you can get your registration forms in the better. CRB's can take a while although mine came back within 2 weeks. I've completed the CYPOP5 and First Aid course, CRB's back etc but still waiting for pre-reg visit! Called OFSTED and they said Prospect should be in touch soon, this was over two weeks ago still no news from them, may have to call them again.
    I think I'd be on the phone trying to hurry things along - seems ridiculous your CRB's are back yet you're still waiting for the pre-reg visit!!!!! It's usually the other way round!

Hope you get it sorted soon

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Miffy,

Called OFSTED who gave me Prospects contact number and my visit number. I called Prospect and upon checking the system the lady realised that they missed the deadline to call me by She then mumbled that she would have to email some other team and then the Inspector will ring me. She couldn't even give me a timescale as they have a huge backlog of pre-reg visits.

Still waiting........ and no idea how long it will be

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Miffy,

Called OFSTED who gave me Prospects contact number and my visit number. I called Prospect and upon checking the system the lady realised that they missed the deadline to call me by She then mumbled that she would have to email some other team and then the Inspector will ring me. She couldn't even give me a timescale as they have a huge backlog of pre-reg visits.

Still waiting........ and no idea how long it will be
    I'd put in a formal complaint now - you have been told this is their error and they haven't told you how/when they are going to sort it, that's not good enough!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hello!

Im just about to start my cypop5 online from home... i was just wondering where i get my forms for ofstead from? is it too early to do all of that stuff while doing my cypop5?? help!!!

mand xx