Thread: Wall problem!

Threaded View

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wall problem!

Yesterday, my EY team picked up on a problem we have and basically said this is the only real concern Ofsted will have with my setting.

Where I live, it's a conservation area (Yorkshire for you!) and the wall at the back of our garden is only around 3ft tall. Problem is, over that wall is around a 12ft drop into a shallow stream. Before now, I just thought it was ideallic as the ducks and their ducklings would gather down there and we would feed them but now of course, with my CM head on, can obviously see it's going to be a problem in terms of potential children climbing.

EY team said Ofsted would have a heart-attack, lol or maybe not so lol!

Anyway, trying to attach a photo so you can get the general idea (see attachment - small but had to be to upload it!)

Basically, I know I have to do something but I am looking for ideas as to what. Obviously we dont want anything too permanent or intrusive as this is still our home and in the summer, it really is lovely. So something temporary to use when minding would be ideal but what?!?!

Can anyone offer any advice or suggestions which they might have used.

EY was saying if we do nothing, I'd have to not register the garden which would be such a shame

Thanks.
    Ellie x
    Attached Images Attached Images