OMG....

I had my inspection this morning....I was so scared!!!

I got outstanding in all areas

I have to say the BIGGEST thankyou to all you wonderful wonderful people..without you all I would never ever in a million years got an outstanding. Half of the ideas in our setting have come from this forum and without the support, advice and reassurance from here I may have given up ages ago!! SO THANKYOU

My inspector was VERY hot on child protection and asked me lots of questions. She also said that a new thing they are checking is that you have in writing who has legal responsibility for the child. Medication forms she quizzed me about thoroughly..she said that a blanket permission for calpol was no longer acceptable and that you had to have it signed BEFORE any calpol was given (so basically not allowed to give them calpol unless you know that morning that they may need a dose and can get it pre signed).

She was really impressed with our home boxes. The self registration chart. The setting scrapbook, our newsletter, how well I was co-ordinating with other settings, my fire drill log, my temp charts, the tuff tray...ALL these ideas came from here.

Good luck to everyone else who has there inspection looming.

SO glad it is over
Jen x