Hi all,

As a newby to this site, I found it really helpful to check out tips etc for my inspection as I've only been a childminder for 7 months! My inspection came and went, no where near as bad as I thought but got a Satisfactory rating overall. A couple of stupid things let me down which are easily fixed, so will breeze through next time:

- forgot to get parents to sign the emergency medical care form (doh!)
- my attendance register was too uniform - I entered times to the nearest 5mins, when it should be exact to the minute.
-Also was told that although my hygiene routines are fine - washing hands etc. I was to discuss with the children reasons why to wash and talk about bacteria etc. (thought that this was a bit much for under 3's but there you go...)

I got a good for Enjoying and Achieving and Positive contribution where I put most of my efforts - admin is not really my thing!! Anyway, the report has a very positive warm feeling about it despite being a satisfactory so I'm happy.

I've attached it for anyone who is interested. Thanks everyone for all your help and tips,

Debsy.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/oxcare_repo...Y349747_CM.pdf