Had my Ofsted in May and been meaning to post about what the inspector was looking for etc. Wrote everything down that I remembered after the inspection so here goes........

1. She showed her pass at the door and I took it and checked.

2. I asked her to sign my visitors book in at 8.30am.

3. Can't remember but she either asked who else was present or living in the house, think she mentioned both and
I told her all family members were out.

4. Told me my SEF was excellent and she would want to see evidence and be here around 3 hours.

5. I introduced the children.

6. She asked to see where my registration cert and parents poster were displayed.

7. I'd already given her all my folders with everything in and the children's folders.

8. In between playing instruments, talking to, singing, reading books, playing in the garden with the children, the
inspector went through and recorded all my certificates, first aid, safeguarding course, and asked about some of the
courses I'd been on with my local council. Looked and and recorded the five CRB/DBS checks I had for myself
and family members.

9. She asked to see my insurance certificate. It was in my folder but she had missed it as the Pacey insurance certs
are small A5 size.

10. After watching me with an activity, asked how I thought I could extend on the activity.

11. Asked me about starting points and how I collected them.

12. Looked at my policies and when looking at my complaints policy, asked if I'd ever had a complaint.

13. Commented on my nappy changing song I sing when changing children's nappies.

14. How do I prepare food and what snacks do I provide.

15. What mark making items did I have.

16. Asked me about the Prevent duty and what it's about and how I put it into force.

17. Use of mobile phone and camera and how I keep children safe and wanted to see if I had included this in my
safeguarding policy.

18. Looked at my risk assessments and asked about how, for instance, would I risk assess my living room?

19. Asked if I had completed any 2 year progress checks and who I shared them with - parents, nurseries, health
visitors. I'd done lots and she said they were very good. Told her that other agencies never
got back!

20. Asked me about signs of neglect in children and who I would contact. Asked me what I would do if somebody
made an allegation against a member of my family. I knew the LADO details.

21. What about ICT? She was satisfied with push button toys, toy camera, a Mr Tumble interactive board, a leapfrog
abc/123 fridge magnet toy on the fridge.

22. Looked at my parent feedback forms with their comments.

I know there were a few other things she asked but hope this helps.