help! what paperwork do I need to update for september?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    coffee-time Guest

Default help! what paperwork do I need to update for september?

I had my inspection a year ago yesterday (29th July) and got requires improvement, I was devastated, after 4 years of making changes to my setting and changing how I do observations several times, and thinking I was worth a good grading it was a kick in the teeth!! anyway I was told I would be re-inspected in a year and have been having panic attacks for weeks now worrying about it, I don't feel ready at all, there have been lots of changes recently and I don't know where to start with it all, I need a very simple list of things I need (like a list for dummies)!! I haven't answered my phone (unless I know the number) for weeks just incase its ofsted lol

Also any ideas for activities on the day would be a massive help too, I will most likely have 2-3 two year olds unless she turns up in the school hols like last time!

any help and tips would be greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Have you updated your safeguarding policy with the new PREVENT details?

Id do playdough with that age range :-)

I'm new to all this though so I'm sure lots of others will jump in with lots of helpful advice :-)

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lots of tips in this updated checklist here - http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...e-updated.html

Some advice about planning activities here - Preparing an activity for Ofsted inspection - Independent Childminders

I might be wrong - but I don't think they are coming out early for requires improvement - they are only reinspecting early for unsatisfactory ...

hth x

4. Likes Chellewilks liked this post
    coffee-time Guest

Thank you Sarah, the inspector said I'd be inspected again in a year, but things may have changed since then, as they always seem to do!!
    I don't like the term 'requires improvement' so hope to get a good next time, I really need to work on my confidence, last time my brain turned to mush and I only had 24 hours to prepare so want to be ready this time!!

6. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coffee-time View Post
    Thank you Sarah, the inspector said I'd be inspected again in a year, but things may have changed since then, as they always seem to do!!
    I don't like the term 'requires improvement' so hope to get a good next time, I really need to work on my confidence, last time my brain turned to mush and I only had 24 hours to prepare so want to be ready this time!!
    Maybe ask locally and see if you can find any local cms who will support you x

coffee-time Guest

I have 2 childminder friends that I spend a lot of time with, they both got 'good' in their last inspections recently, which made me feel worse about mine as we work together on planning ect, I just don't cope well in that situation!
    Your links have been very helpful though, knew I could count on you!

9. Likes sarah707 liked this post