Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted Inspection Done and dusted!

Well, I got the call a week before, and I went from being ready to feeling like I must be the worst childminder in the world!

She arrived bang on 9:30a, as prearranged (she told me she would come thursday or friday, my childminding spies told me she doesn't work a friday)

Glup, I was so nervous I couldn't open the front door checked her id, let her in, introduced to all the children 13 month, 16 months, and just 3.

Said our pleasantries, and showed her my "stack" of files. She sat in the adjoining room for 1hr 1/2 reading through everything whilst I played and tried to carry on as normal (yeah right) during which time we had nappy changes, snack (she followed me through to see everything, of course not the nappy change its self, but the room) focus planned activity on sorting bugs. She commented on the safeguarding knowledge being really good, I waffled on about supporting the children as they are all from military backgrounds so classed as vulnerable. She liked my deployment packs, and the fact I have photos of books we have in our story sack (evidence I have it, rather than just talking about it), my links with nurseries and local community officer (being on an RAF Camp, these our are first point of contact for support for parents) along with children's centres.

After she had finished fine tooth combing everything, we had began a music session, which was prompted by one of the babies going to the music box. At the end she asked what I could have done differently, which made me freeze and nearly cry! My amazing 3 yr old who doesn't say boo to anything, turned into this monster child I have never seen! pushing her way to me, shouting over at song time "I want this song" I can't even remember my response! I was shot- I felt myself getting gobbled up in shame, was it my fault that this little one was behaving so bad

We then had a look at the weather, to see if we should play outside, it was pouring down, and 3yr old quickly ran to the weather board to change it, "no, it's raining, I don't want to go outside....."

So, when it came to feedback, I was preparing for a drop in my grade. She could not praise me enough, my behaviour management for super, even when faced with challenging behaviour I was not used too. She was very very interested in how my planning worked, she said it was so simple, yet very effective! A new child who has only done 3 days (not here on inspection day) was also included on the planning and she was commenting on how well I am supporting her settle in, and this was evident by the planning and her files already. Feedback from parents, all my parents wrote to the inspector, she loved this.

I had sent my SEF over the weekend to her email. She explained it gave her a great overview of the setting before she arrived. The inspector asked verbally about why I had focused on certain area for each of the children (I only plan for individual, not group on paper) showed her further evidence through my online learning journals on TapeStry (of which again she was impressed with, the fact all my parents input onto it regularly, and you can see each time they log on)

I had no questions really on safeguarding, the main focus seemed to be on how I interacted and supported the children. The inspector did ask me if I had anything further to add, In all I think I was so nervous, there was so much I didn't even think to say, mention. I asked if there was anything she would like to see, ask that she's not covered (haha, whoops!)

I got graded GOOD. This was my 3rd inspection, they have changed so much!

Once I get my report, I'll come back and add anything of interest!

Any questions ask, I may not have covered everything, my mind is still a bit

2. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo, sarah707, JCrakers, watgem liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's amazing, well done! Gosh, what a relief it must be to finally have it done and dusted. xxx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well done!

xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done!

Can I ask how you do your planning?

6. Likes watgem liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic and thanks for the feedback - do you use the Next steps on Tapestry for your planning?, I started to but kept finding that even though I had done activities and observations that "ticked" that statement the next time I printed off the Next steps some of them were the same again.

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done and what a relief for you x

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news. You must be relieved, I really hated the waiting.

Well done again x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done and thankyou for your feed back