Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The last 100 reports nationwide? Perhaps that's why I couldn't find any at all in my area - a large city.
    None in my city either.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    It is ONLY the latest 100 reports published, not a complete guide to the nations'childcare. So it changes daily.
    Sorry moggy its not.
    You can look at the last 100.
    or search by postcode / local authority.
    For example 203 results come up if I put in my LA.
    But on the cluster diagram theres no way of working out which 'spot' I am without going over tehm all!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Sorry moggy its not.
    But on the cluster diagram theres no way of working out which 'spot' I am without going over tehm all!
    Ah, I see you can switch between 'Latest 100' and 'by LA' etc. Thanks, I hadn't noticed that.
    Yes, they have explained the 'spot' problem, it is because generally we do not publish out addresses but they still put them on a map, not much use if you want to find a particular one!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Even the ones with addresses don't show as local, Im struggling to understand who the users of the website would be. Parents would want to find reports of minders within say 5 miles. They wouldn't trawl through the whole county.
    I also wonder how the site has the right to publish my details without specific permission , or maybe its because they are just offering a different way of accessing the information that ofsted already have permission to publish...much like google or bing or whoever can....

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry moggy its not.
    The spots are colour coded by grade so it's easy to find you!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

6. Likes mama2three liked this post
    Simona Guest

I think there is confusion on what Ofsted can publish...once inspected our reports are public and published on the Ofsted website either with our full name, address and post code ...IF we have given permission for them to do so recently ...or...with just our URN and 'Childminder' next to it

Check your letter from Ofsted when you did consent or not to full publication of your details...that letter should be filed away safely 'just in case'

This new website has received positive feedback from providers in the sector ....not here obviously
    Ofsted have been warned at OBC meetings that their website is rather unfriendly and difficult to navigate

Hope John comes back with some answers but I would have thought it is easier to navigate your area rather than the entire Ofsted website to search for reports?....but it depends on what info one is looking for and how much time available to sift through the details.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still struggling to see the point of it. I can already use Ofsted's "find an inspection report" page to search for reports based on "distance from your home" and I've had several enquirers who've also done exactly that. DoG knows, if I can do it, how hard can it be?

I'd still like to know if the consent given by individual CMs specifically to Ofsted to display their personal data is 'transferable' to the OP's site, and what is the nature of his website. He does seem to have gone silent since I asked these questions 3 days ago.

I hope I'm not being unfair, but I'm left with the impression he joined the forum to post this one thread, grab a little free publicity for his web-business ".....And that, (Said John) Is That...."*

*Credit: Alan Alexander Milne.

9. Likes Mouse, shortstuff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with others in that I don't really see the point of this site. I have always been able to find inspection details on the Ofsted website regardless how long ago the inspection took place if it's only displaying the most recent inspections it's not really that useful.

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I can sort of see a point in that if I was just about to be inspected I might want to see what sorts of things OFSTED had been saying very recently in reports for my area (though I'd be stumped if there were no local inspections in the last 100). I'm not sure what use it would be to parents as they would probably be more interested in who was closest.

Simona Guest

Watchsted displays report of inspection and puts the link there for easy reference...not sure why this is being questioned?
    They did this before for the rest of the sector...they have now added CMs to it...NWorld did an article on it too.

I also believe the LAs put a link to our inspection report on the FIS for parents to access the 'local' childcare available and not what is on the Ofsted website which is a nightmare to search....if you ask them why they do it they will say the inspection is public property and that is how they tell us how to improve by reading each report and getting the recommendations out?

The matter of personal details on the report is different altogether...make sure you have consented to ALL details being published.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona I can only answer the reason that I am questioning it.

Ofsted have my permission to publish my report
    FIS have my permission to pblish my details with a link to my report. I continually renew that permission as its in the T and Cs everytime I update my vacancies and details with them.

I have never been asked permission by another website to publish this. I am questioning whether that is right.

The matter of personal details on the report is different altogether...make sure you have consented to ALL details being published. - I have not and will not consent to this. I will give my ey number to those who I wish to access my report , I will give my name and address to those I choose to. I think that publishing names and addresses of childminders is a real risk to the children in our care.

14. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Simona Guest

Simona I can only answer the reason that I am questioning it.

Ofsted have my permission to publish my report
    FIS have my permission to pblish my details with a link to my report. I continually renew that permission as its in the T and Cs everytime I update my vacancies and details with them.

I have never been asked permission by another website to publish this. I am questioning whether that is right.

The matter of personal details on the report is different altogether...make sure you have consented to ALL details being published. - I have not and will not consent to this. I will give my ey number to those who I wish to access my report , I will give my name and address to those I choose to. I think that publishing names and addresses of childminders is a real risk to the children in our care.
    I have only just seen this reply Mama2three
    I think you will find that if people wish to look at your Ofsted report they do not have to wait for you to give them consent or get the EY number from you...am I correct?

Your report can be accessed by anyone at any time...this website accesses it in the same way any FIS or EY team do because oncle published by Ofsted our reports are in the public domain.
    This is the link
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofsted

Parents often ring CMs up and say: ' I have just read your Ofsted report online and I am looking for childcare' etc etc...they do so without Cms giving them the EY number because if they want to find us they can...I will stand corrected if wrong

Not sure what your message is about then...but this company does collect reports information and ....so far...only in this forum people have questioned them...maybe the reason they have not come back is because what they are doing is perfectly acceptable?

One way to question it further is to call NWorld and ask them about the article they have just done on this subject.
    In addition certain of CMs details can only be published if CMs have given Ofsted permission to do by switching the original agreement and keeping that letter as proof.

I think CMs should also be worried about Ofsted possible intention not to publish our data in future...hence the recent petition...that is a real cause for concern which even OBC picked up

My view of course
    Last edited by Simona; 20-12-2014 at 08:47 AM.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I have only just seen this reply Mama2three
    I think you will find that if people wish to look at your Ofsted report they do not have to wait for you to give them consent or get the EY number from you...am I correct?

Your report can be accessed by anyone at any time...this website accesses it in the same way any FIS or EY team do because oncle published by Ofsted our reports are in the public domain.
    This is the link
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofsted

Parents often ring CMs up and say: ' I have just read your Ofsted report online and I am looking for childcare' etc etc...they do so without Cms giving them the EY number because if they want to find us they can...I will stand corrected if wrong

Not sure what your message is about then...but this company does collect reports information and ....people have questioned them...maybe the reason they have not come back is because what they are doing is perfectly acceptable?so far...only in this forum

One way to question it further is to call NWorld and ask them about the article they have just done on this subject.

In addition certain of CMs details can only be published if CMs have given Ofsted permission to do by switching the original agreement and keeping that letter as proof.

I think CMs should also be worried about Ofsted possible intention not to publish our data in future...hence the recent petition...that is a real cause for concern which even OBC picked up

My view of course

If we are the only people to question what the point of this website is then good for us
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

17. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    If we are the only people to question what the point of this website is then good for us
    I think that you have very clearly misrepresented what I am trying to say?
    Questioning is good but it may need to be followed by action....I wonder if anyone will raise it at OBC? so far no one has.

If Cms are concerned about this new way of finding reports there are plenty of ways to get it checked to get reassurance...contacting Ofsted themselves in the 1st place is a start.

My personal view is that Watchsted would not do something that is not proper and legal...hence the reason I said only in this forum cms are not happy...others in the sector have not raised the same issue
    However... everyone has the right to get clarification

Good luck.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I think that you have very clearly misrepresented what I am trying to say?
    Questioning is good but it may need to be followed by action....I wonder if anyone will raise it at OBC? so far no one has.

If Cms are concerned about this new way of finding reports there are plenty of ways to get it checked to get reassurance...contacting Ofsted themselves in the 1st place is a start.

My personal view is that Watchsted would not do something that is not proper and legal...hence the reason I said only in this forum cms are not happy...others in the sector have not raised the same issue
    However... everyone has the right to get clarification

Good luck.
    Don't know 'bout anyone else, but I've been waiting 2 weeks for clarification and Mr Winstanley seems only to have slipped in the 2 posts to promote his business then Scapa-ed.

Free speech it may be, but it's hardly what you'd call a major positive contribution to our cheery little community of CMs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12