Activity for first inspection?! Advice please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Activity for first inspection?! Advice please

I am due my first graded inspection soon and I would like to have an activity prepared ready so I am not flapping in the morning. There will be plenty of time for indoor and outdoor free play so I would like a focused activity for me to do.

I was thinking about making Play-Doh and then playing with it, however that is not ideal for my 10 month old.
    I was also thinking about shaving foam in a and incorporating their current interests into it. My only worry with this is that it can sometimes get quite messy/slippy!

Any advice on successful activities would be gratefully received.

I have a 10 month old, 20 months old and 3.5 yr old!!

Thank you

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How about water play? Fun, messy, easy to clear up. You can also incorporate maths (filling containers) and PD (talking about how to keep safe). Could also do sinking & floating with 3.5 year old ( objects, probably not the child themselves!).

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's a bit difficult to take an activity off the shelf from someone else as the activity needs to reflect your Childrens next steps, so you need to be able to show why you have chosen it, what benefit it will be to the specific children's needs etc...

Also I would choose something that you know the children will definately be interested in and that the materials are familiar to them.

Having said that, as a suggestion if it fits in with your LO's next steps, mine ( 16 months to 3.5 years) love capacity play - I put out a variety of jugs, measuring jugs, bottles and bowls, cups and saucers and a couple of small pans which the younger ones love to pour and transfer water with and some droppers, test tubes, syringes and tubing and a variety of coloured water. We play at being scientists, I have challenge cards that they sometimes use and often don't . I find there are lots of opportunities for extended play, today they fetched some people and plastic shoe horns and extended by making a water slide and my scientist spent ages discovering how he could push the person down the longest shoe horn into the water with a syringe and a tube. But the best thing about this activity is the opportunity it gives me to ask open ended questions, help count and estimate and laugh as the containers overspill - the latter being essential if Mrs O is watching - to keep you stress free.

I love these:
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

4. Likes mum67 liked this post