What paperwork do ofsted need to see on inspection?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again x very helpful x

2. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    jul 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my inspection today and mrs o looked at my child record forms and contracts x

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suzy:-) View Post
    I had my inspection today and mrs o looked at my child record forms and contracts x
    How did it go Suzy and is it your first inspection or have you had others?

I have to stop worrying about mine now it really is taking over my life.

Strangely enough I changed jobs to spend more time with my own children and feel I have done nothing but neglect them since starting the whole process, waiting for my first inspection and no matter what I do I don't feel it's enough either with paperwork, the garden and home

Simona Guest

What you need is what is clearly asked in EYFS...each inspector will be different (something we are trying to address)...if not required up to you to produce something in addition

Go through EYFs from page 1 and look at what it asks...the emphasis has shifted from 'paperwork' to teaching
    Inspectors do not need to look at a contract that has all details filled in but a blank copy will do to show how you get details from parents and how safely you store them
    They do not ask about your financial arrangements

LJs are actually not a requirement...up to you how you evidence children's progress although most settings do them

What you need to be aware of is CProtection, how you plan for each child and how you 'teach' according to their interests
    Keep the paperwork to a minimum...short and to the point, often one piece will do instead of so many bits and pieces
    Some policies can include various requirements so saves pages and pages

Keep it all and in order so you can get your hands on it easily at inspection

What helps is the SEF...it is not compulsory but it has the advantage of telling the inspector who you are, what you do and many more details that save time at inspection especially if you have 'funded' children

First inspections should happen within a well defined time but unfortunately it is not so as some CMs have been waiting for years rather than weeks and LAs know that very well so no need to add extra pressure on you.

Be ready and relax and ....above all... know the EYFS inside out so you can have a meaningful discussion with the inspector should she ask for anything that is not required

Good luck and keep us posted

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks my inspector called today and I will be inspected some time next week! I'll be spending the whole bank holiday weekend making sure everything is in order and I'm happy as well as giving my playroom carpet a vax lol :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12