OFSTED visit!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: OFSTED visit!

Post Thanks / Like

Default OFSTED visit!

OMG!!!! After over 50 days wait Ofsted have finally passed my details over to the inspector so I'm waiting for THE CALL!!!! I'm sooooo excited/nervous I could cry:// oh the thought that I can start earning after nearly 6 months wait! Just needed to share some good news with you all. Sorry if I haven't posted this msg in the right place but I'm shaking lol!! Xx

Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Non childminder member
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

yay! Hope all goes okay x

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed you get the call soon! Keep us posted

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you will do x

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiii, did you have your registration visit? How long did you wait for them to tell you if passed or not? (Was it same day or 2 wks?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRabbits View Post
    Hiii, did you have your registration visit? How long did you wait for them to tell you if passed or not? (Was it same day or 2 wks?)
    Hi LittleRabbits,

I had my pre-reg visit last week and the Ofsted lady told me at the end of the visit that she had no problems and would be recommending me as a childminder. I've never heard of it taking 2 weeks before you find out xx

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Me neither until today. ****** Ofsted told my friend they take 2 wks to make a decision. *** that! Do you have to wait for certificate to arrive before can childmind?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRabbits View Post
    Me neither until today. ****** Ofsted told my friend they take 2 wks to make a decision. *** that! Do you have to wait for certificate to arrive before can childmind?
    Yes, I think the certificate can take a couple of weeks to arrive, and you have to wait for this before you can start x

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh thats rubbish, ive heard some people waiting weeks / months to arrive. I need to get out of my job before I go crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi had Ofsted pre reg visit. Went really well considering how nervous I was. She asked me about my medical history as I'd suffered depression for years luckily my answers were ok if not she wouldn't have gone any further asked loads of safeguarding questions some eyfs stuff and had a good look about. At the end she said she was very happy with what I'd said and that she was recommending me!

She said my report would get sent to prospects for them to approve and then it would get sent to Ofsted. Her part would have been done Monday and prospects would take four days to get it to Ofsted (not normally longer than that she said) and anyone's guess how long Ofsted would take to post my certificate!

Better not be too long I want to earn some dosh I haven't earnt anything since march. I'm going to phone them every day starting this coming Monday until I receive it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonib View Post
    Hi had Ofsted pre reg visit. Went really well considering how nervous I was. She asked me about my medical history as I'd suffered depression for years luckily my answers were ok if not she wouldn't have gone any further asked loads of safeguarding questions some eyfs stuff and had a good look about. At the end she said she was very happy with what I'd said and that she was recommending me! She said my report would get sent to prospects for them to approve and then it would get sent to Ofsted. Her part would have been done Monday and prospects would take four days to get it to Ofsted (not normally longer than that she said) and anyone's guess how long Ofsted would take to post my certificate! Better not be too long I want to earn some dosh I haven't earnt anything since march. I'm going to phone them every day starting this coming Monday until I receive it.
    I'd just be a little careful. When prospect send the report to Ofsted your registration still isn't certain. Ofsted have the final say based on the report. The last thing you want to do is come this far and then pester them so they refuse your registration. If it helps I had my pre-reg on the 25th and my cert arrived on the 7th xx

Post Thanks / Like

Oh i know I'll have to bide my time just so eager