Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 13
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First grading inspection :/

It's my first grading inspection and just wondered if you lovely people can help? Has anyone got a list of all the paperwork that ofsted will want to see also what q's is she likely to ask? And does she look round house etc? I feel so not prepared and slightly panicking, any help will be appreciated! Tia xxx

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry84 View Post
    It's my first grading inspection and just wondered if you lovely people can help? Has anyone got a list of all the paperwork that ofsted will want to see also what q's is she likely to ask? And does she look round house etc? I feel so not prepared and slightly panicking, any help will be appreciated! Tia xxx
    I've got my inspection coming up soon too, so would love some tips too...
    Also I've been asked to plan an activity, have you??

Thanks, Lucy x

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too! I have posted on Lucy's thread. Good luck ... not really feeling that prepared either. More likely I have done too much on something irrelevant and nothing on something that is vital!! That will be me!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Hi, I had my first graded inspection a few weeks ago. I dont think you can describe exactly what they will ask as each home and minded children are different. But this is how mine went. She was an hour late so my children had already played with my planned activity (shredded paper in tuff tray) and I had just put my only minded child to bed. so she said shall we go through paperwork. Which I had all layed out in the kitchen. She wanted to see my passport, car insurance and mot. I had my folder of policies and permissions out, a folder with other important paperwork in and risk assessments, learning journals, attendance record, My SEF which I had printed off but not uploaded to the website. I made her a drink and she went through what she wanted, asking me occasionally for things. After an hour my minded child woke up and I played with him in the living room (hes 20mths) she must have been listening to us from the kitchen, then my own little boy woke up, so fetched him down (22mths) we were all in the living room a while, then she came in and the 2 boys were driving the cars on her clipboard and bringing toys to her, she was really nice and interacted with them. She asked me how I would support a child with additional needs and a child whose second language was English. She asked me about safeguarding - who would I contact if I had a concern. We then had lunch and she just watched, I changed nappies. We then went outside too play in the garden on the climbing frame and in the tent and tunnel. Eventually it was time for afternoon nap. She came upstairs with me to view the bedroom. Then when we came down she gave me feedback, said the only things she picked up on was what i had already put in my SEF. So she said I was Good in all areas. Phew!! Lots of worry,stress and sleepless nights, all for nothing. She was lovely. For me, I worried if i was doing observations right, but she said it will come with time. I did say I wanted to do my level 3 which she said would definitely benefit me. GOOD LUCK x