Inspection feedback - longest 3 hours of my life!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I don't have one either. My fire safety officer said they are useless unless used properly and very hard to use properly! He said don't waste time with it, just get out of the house.
    He also said that as I have an aga and no naked flame in the house it was pointless me having one.
    Do you know that actually isn't relevant because the danger that most people would say to use a Fire blanket for is a chip pan type fire. I have a flat electric induction hob but if I put some oil or butter in a pan on it and walked away and forgot it could easily over heat and burst into flame I still don't have a Fire Blanket though. I have been trained and I have other precautions in place that are much safer to use and if you can't, simple you get out and call the people who are trained to deal with such things. You can replace a kitchen you can't a life or change any injuries you could get trying to put out a fire.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 14-03-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Well done you. Sounds like a very positive day.

The only thing I would have had to say was about the Fire Blanket. I wonder what she would have said about me I don't have one now since EYFS 2012 where it says we have to have appropriate things for our homes. I cheered and got rid of the Fire Blanket on my kitchen wall lol! I hated seeing it there, I know have a lovely pottery owl in it's place, I would never have used it because I would have been getting the children out of the house and it scares me that if we have one it is not compulsory that we have to be trained on how to use one the correct way and I would wager that most people don't have a clue and would do more damage to themselves using one than just gettting out and calling the fire brigade. Sorry rant over!

My mum did say this to me as well as my assistant! Also my Mum said, where would you find the time to gather the attendance record etc that's found in my evacuation policy...well, it seems a lot of it is just box ticking. I don't look at my risk assessment every day, I just do a mental one and other things like that.

I haven't been trained in using a fire blanket and like you would prefer to just get out of the house

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emra81 View Post
    Well done you! Must be such a relief..congratulations! I got the call today and will prob be inspected on Monday...can't wait as want it over with!

You'll be fab Emra!

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll be fab Emra![/QUOTE]

Thank you! Slept really well last night despite going to bed late so fingers crossed I stay this chilled out til Monday!

5. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emra81 View Post
    You'll be fab Emra!
    Thank you! Slept really well last night despite going to bed late so fingers crossed I stay this chilled out til Monday![/QUOTE]

Definitely get as much sleep as you can, you'll be more relaxed and ready. Let us know how you get on!

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Well done you. Sounds like a very positive day.

The only thing I would have had to say was about the Fire Blanket. I wonder what she would have said about me I don't have one now since EYFS 2012 where it says we have to have appropriate things for our homes. I cheered and got rid of the Fire Blanket on my kitchen wall lol! I hated seeing it there, I know have a lovely pottery owl in it's place, I would never have used it because I would have been getting the children out of the house and it scares me that if we have one it is not compulsory that we have to be trained on how to use one the correct way and I would wager that most people don't have a clue and would do more damage to themselves using one than just gettting out and calling the fire brigade. Sorry rant over!

well done for a great result!!
    i have to agree with rickysmith-although i still begrudgingly have a blanket- i would b=never use it! when i had a fire brigade safety officer come to inspect he said dont use it, just get out and get the kids out, suppose you got hurt and fall when trying to put a fire out??

i also had my inspection last week and was last done end of 2008!! but to whoever said they looked at the inspectors reports once they knew her name, how did you do that?

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysright View Post
    well done for a great result!!
    i have to agree with rickysmith-although i still begrudgingly have a blanket- i would b=never use it! when i had a fire brigade safety officer come to inspect he said dont use it, just get out and get the kids out, suppose you got hurt and fall when trying to put a fire out??

i also had my inspection last week and was last done end of 2008!! but to whoever said they looked at the inspectors reports once they knew her name, how did you do that?
    That was me! I had done a search of ofsted reports to people who lived very close to me and began seeing 3-4 inspectors names every time so figured they must be assigned to my area! When I mentioned name to DO she recognized it too!

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. Sounded very like my inspector/inspection, except that mine lasted 7 hours! Apparently, she is very thorough!

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

7 hours !!!!??????? Oh my goodness !! Well done x
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12