Hope this ofsted lady....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hope this ofsted lady....

Is as jolly as she was on the phone when she comes next week for my 1st graded inspection. Argh I can do this!!

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine sounded lovely and jolly too. Might be the same one! Whereabouts are you?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's great when they set you at your ease ... you'll be fine just take a breath before answering to gather your thoughts then talk and talk and talk and sell yourself and your provision and service

4. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    It's great when they set you at your ease ... you'll be fine just take a breath before answering to gather your thoughts then talk and talk and talk and sell yourself and your provision and service
    good advice thanks Sarah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybeaa View Post
    Mine sounded lovely and jolly too. Might be the same one! Whereabouts are you?
    I'm near manchester what about you? We were having a laugh on the phone as shed struggled to get hold of me but that was due to me recently moving house and always missing her calls, she's really put me at ease just with her tone of voice. Lol

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm not far from Manchester either. I bet it's the same one, she was really friendly! When's your inspection or do you not know the day?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm not far from Manchester either. I bet it's the same one, she was really friendly! When's your inspection or do you not know the day?
    I actually live in Mossley in tameside?? She wants to come next week but I've got a funeral to attend so once I know the date of the funeral I'm to let her know so she can decide what day to come. Her first initial is N is it the same lady? X

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in cheadle near Stockport so it might come under the same borough? I can't remember her name actually it was all a bit of a blur. She had originally wanted to come the next day but I couldn't do that. She said it would probably be this week but I haven't heard from her all week so thinking it'll be next now. Even if it's not the same lady at least it's nice to know there's a few friendly jolly ones around!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in cheadle near Stockport so it might come under the same borough? I can't remember her name actually it was all a bit of a blur. She had originally wanted to come the next day but I couldn't do that. She said it would probably be this week but I haven't heard from her all week so thinking it'll be next now. Even if it's not the same lady at least it's nice to know there's a few friendly jolly ones around!
    I'm really panicking now. You're the second Cheadle/Cheadle Hulme minder I've heard about that has had the call this week. I'm on the Bramhall/CH border and am 18mths overdue for my first graded inspection.

They're going to get me too aren't they??
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just trying my best to keep my cool got to get cracking with my sef as haven't even started it, she told me the more I write in my sef the less questions she'll have to ask. She also said she like to keep her visits under 3 hours (I will keep my fingers crossed) . I'm slightly worried about my planning as I've struggled to find a system that works well but my lj's show how the children have developed x

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natalierose View Post
    I'm just trying my best to keep my cool got to get cracking with my sef as haven't even started it, she told me the more I write in my sef the less questions she'll have to ask. She also said she like to keep her visits under 3 hours (I will keep my fingers crossed) . I'm slightly worried about my planning as I've struggled to find a system that works well but my lj's show how the children have developed x
    You're in the same boat as me. My planning is rubbish but I've only been actively minding 5 weeks. I did my SEF last weekend. It wasn't huge as I didn't have a lot to say (as not been minding long) but she said it's best to say something! My local cm friend told me she gets ofsteded for 2 hours. I hope that's the case!!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrstom View Post
    I'm really panicking now. You're the second Cheadle/Cheadle Hulme minder I've heard about that has had the call this week. I'm on the Bramhall/CH border and am 18mths overdue for my first graded inspection. They're going to get me too aren't they??
    God 18 months! I only registered end of August. How could they be so on the ball with me and not you? It's bizzare. But yes get everything in order just incase!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

God 18 months! I only registered end of August. How could they be so on the ball with me and not you? It's bizzare. But yes get everything in order just incase!
    Yep, registered in March 2012. I know loads of minders in the same boat.

I'm giving up childminding in the summer (perhaps as early as Easter if I can find a new job) so everything apart from my Level 3 work is a big motivational struggle at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

You're in the same boat as me. My planning is rubbish but I've only been actively minding 5 weeks. I did my SEF last weekend. It wasn't huge as I didn't have a lot to say (as not been minding long) but she said it's best to say something! My local cm friend told me she gets ofsteded for 2 hours. I hope that's the case!!
    how much time did you spend doing your sef? I've been actively minding 4 months but changed my style of planning at least 3 times but hey ho. The children are happy and progressing so hopefully that will show. I'll kept you updated if I hear anything from her x

Post Thanks / Like

Well she's coming to me Tuesday or Wednesday! I'm praying Tuesday to get it over and done with xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Well she's coming to me Tuesday or Wednesday! I'm praying Tuesday to get it over and done with xxx
    Good luck, hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

how much time did you spend doing your sef? I've been actively minding 4 months but changed my style of planning at least 3 times but hey ho. The children are happy and progressing so hopefully that will show. I'll kept you updated if I hear anything from her x
    I spent all weekend on my SEF but I didn't sit there 12 hours both days. Most of the time I was just sat there wondering what to say to be honest! For areas of improvement I mentioned my planning and how I needed a proper system.

Good luck for next week. How many children will you have on those days? Let us know how you get on. I haven't heard anything yet!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's me in the inspection pot too!!

Just had a missed call from Prospects wanting to know if I look after any EY children. Typically (after plucking up the courage to call back) it's an answerphone. Hopefully we'll keep missing each other until I stop childminding in the summer

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

They're obviously doing the rounds!! Oh well if they give you a rubbish grade at least you'll be stopping in the summer so it won't effect/bother you too much!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

They're obviously doing the rounds!! Oh well if they give you a rubbish grade at least you'll be stopping in the summer so it won't effect/bother you too much!
    Even though I'm stopping I know it would bother me! Just spoken to her - she wanted to know if I had EY children on roll, what days I work and my usual opening hours so they could update their database. She sounded like an office type rather than an inspector (she had to put me on hold and check with someone as to whether they had to log on the system that I've given notice to parents and am finishing).

I assume next call is from an inspector to hone down what weeks they might come??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast