Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted and sleeping baby's....

I have a viewing monitor in place when children are sleeping, i do a physical check every 1/2 an hour. Ofsted due this week,do you think this is adequate supervision or should i do a shorter time check. I will have two other children with me and will mean me moving them into the kitchen to go and do these checks... again is this acceptable in your opinion.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are they strapped in high chairs in the kitchen?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They are in chairs...

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think every 30 mins is ok. I asked about the high chairs as there was a thread where a cm was slated by Mrs O for leaving LOs like this when she went to the toilet.

5. Likes Cassie liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    I think every 30 mins is ok. I asked about the high chairs as there was a thread where a cm was slated by Mrs O for leaving LOs like this when she went to the toilet.
    The instructions and stickers on all high chairs say NOT to leave children unattended in high chairs.

As for checking napping children: It is a tough one you just have to judge your own situation- is it safer to leave children at the bottom of the stairs while you nip up? Or stay with awake children and do less checks on sleeping ones while closely listening to monitor? Or risk taking all children upstairs with you to check? There is no 'correct' answer- as long as you can explain and RA your decision.

But the leaving children strapped in highchairs is a definite no-no IMO, as the manufacturers instructions clearly state not to.