First inspection am i ready????
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    16/11/2
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First inspection am i ready????

I'm due my first inspection any day they phoned to come out a week ago but I was off that week on holiday, just wondered if there's anything else I need to bit worried about obs and planning

I basically have a tick list for parents each day, showing them what children have eaten, places we have been, people we have seen etc

I then have a folder for each mindee which has photos of them and all their work colouring etc.

I have then a separate EYFS folder with photos of the children and a few sentences under each photo showing the foundation stage it covers and the objective they have achieved.

I've only been minding for 5 mths so not really into the paperwork side of things yet I just don't have time with my own children too Zzzzz.i

Is there anything else I need for my inspection?

Xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi...

I have mine on thursday.
    Do you have policies and porcedures
    Risk assesments
    Daily risk assesments, smoke alarm checks. Sleep check charts
    Planning
    Visual aids.
    Self registraion
    Ofsted are keen on natural resources and free flow
    Have you got your parents poster on display?
    Done your sef?

Good luck xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you worked through this checklist showing the main changes to the EYFS?

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...nges-eyfs.html

Good luck!

16/11/2
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah could you pm me the check list as I can't click of find the link, also does this list apply to Wales?? X

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I had my pre reg visit today I was so nervous! But after 4 hours I'm all done the inspector was lovely just hope I get her or someone as nice as her for grading visit will certainly be calling on everyone here for help before hand hope yours goes well and good luck x x

16/11/2
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry Sarah have managed to print it now.

Just wondered though does the same apply to Wales? Also I only had my pre reg in November and nothing was picked up then or told to change so does that mean I'm up to date as these changes came out in sep?????

I haven't got everything on the check list mind you

Thank you

June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ellie priestley View Post
    Hi I had my pre reg visit today I was so nervous! But after 4 hours I'm all done the inspector was lovely just hope I get her or someone as nice as her for grading visit will certainly be calling on everyone here for help before hand hope yours goes well and good luck x x
    4 HOURS?

Post Thanks / Like

My pre reg was 4 hours aswell! Felt completely drained after it. x

Post Thanks / Like

I know it was the longest 4 hours ever!! And the looking around the house part only took about 15 minutes it was actually like a 4 hour interview so glad it's over now and happy that the inspector was so nice and pleased with my answers to all of her questions! God knows what the grading inspections will be like don't even want to think about it lol x x