First inspection toys...HELP!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First inspection toys...HELP!

Ok I will be having my first inspection soon. What toys do I need to have present to show the inspector? My intial idea was to just have a list of toys that I will buy depending on the age group I get but I was told thats not good enough. Does any one have a list or something like that has the resources that I need to buy? The reason Im asking is because I cant afford buy to go out and buy different toys to cover all areas. So what is minimum i MUST have to show the inspector? Please help!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is no definitive list. You will need to get a few resources anyway, what happens if a parent phones you after you get your certificate and wants to have a look round, you won't have time to get everything you need. Maybe try and get general resources that appeal to any age. You don't need to have all resources for all ages as you won't know the ages of children you will have and can add to your general resources once you know ages and interests of the children.

Good luck

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Knight View Post
    There is no definitive list. You will need to get a few resources anyway, what happens if a parent phones you after you get your certificate and wants to have a look round, you won't have time to get everything you need. Maybe try and get general resources that appeal to any age. You don't need to have all resources for all ages as you won't know the ages of children you will have and can add to your general resources once you know ages and interests of the children.

Good luck

Can you give me a few example of resources that appeals to any age? My mind has gone blank as I am soo nervous. The only thing I can think of is flour and water... but then how would that appeal to very young children?

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Books, soft toys, small world toys (farms, garage, cars etc) creative resources (paint, gloop, glitter etc) building blocks, Lego, sensory toys (mirrors, torches, etc) and a few dressing up clothes wouldn't go amiss either. Oh and maybe a home corner area, like a toy kitchen or toy garage. That's what I had out when Ofsted came and it was fine. Don't forget to use your outdoor space as well. Good luck xx

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way the post below is just a general list, you will probably have lots more than that already, or will eventually. I think it'd be ok to write up like a wish list of things you plan to buy and for what reason if you don't have time to buy them all at once. Don't worry a prereg visit is mainly about you and the general safety of your home, not about planning and toys but she may ask xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HappygoLucky View Post
    Can you give me a few example of resources that appeals to any age? My mind has gone blank as I am soo nervous. The only thing I can think of is flour and water... but then how would that appeal to very young children?
    Kellyskidz has provided a good list there. Have a look in a few charity shops, you will be surprised what good stuff they have in there!

7. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Kellyskidz has provided a good list there. Have a look in a few charity shops, you will be surprised what good stuff they have in there!
    Thanks was most I could think of off the top of my head, anyone else feel free to add more xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post
    Thanks was most I could think of off the top of my head, anyone else feel free to add more xx
    I think if you had all that for your inspection and first parent visit then no one would complain!

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if you had all that for your inspection and first parent visit then no one would complain!
    I went a little OTT at a carboot.. then when friends knew I was starting minding they were queuing up to give me their kids old or unwanted toys and I couldn't say no lol!

11. Likes Rick liked this post