Ofsted seemed to have gone on holiday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted seemed to have gone on holiday

So I am abt 8mths over due inspection and got satisfactory on last one so should b high up on the to do list .

After a bit of reach I am only one of abt 3 in our town due with that grade. One of which has been done abt 6 weeks ago however no reports have been update on ofsted website since early April

It seems they have stopped again in this county.

Anyone else over due 2nd inspection and getting restless- whats the ave waiting for everyone?

I'm in south west uk and 1st inspected nov 2008

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I was inspected jan 2009, still waiting.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting in my first grading inspection. It's been 6 months this month and nothing!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Carlyle View Post
    I'm still waiting in my first grading inspection. It's been 6 months this month and nothing!
    I'm still waiting my first graded inspection too! Registered in March 2012.

So is Silvermist xx
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrstom View Post
    I'm still waiting my first graded inspection too! Registered in March 2012.

So is Silvermist xx
    Me too

Post Thanks / Like

Last Inspection I had was April 2009, so have been waiting for the call since last April (2012) I was off sick from Sept till this week, but my co-minder hasn't had her inspection either!!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted gone on holiday..........

........and you say it like it's a bad thing???

Jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I was starting to think this too! All the local inspections are being threatened then they call the minder at last min.com to cancel and rearrange. Some have just been cancelled and told we will be in touch to hear nothing else! I finish in 2 weeks for maternity leave and am praying they don't call. My inspection isn't due til end of May so hoping I am not an exception to the rule and they try catch me early

Sept 96
    Post Thanks / Like

My last inspection was October 2008! I have " been ready" since October 2011 so you can imagine how much underlying stress this has caused. I then had the call the end of Feb when she wanted to come the day after my son's 18th birthday party held at home! I asked if she would bring it forward as I had been waiting so long and she then gave me dates of 3 days the next week or if not 2 days 3 weeks later. Nothing the first week then the day before the last date for the possible inspection she left a message to say she was cancelling my inspection and would be in touch - have'nt heard anything still 3 months on. Outrageous unprofessional behaviour in my eyes. I put so much extra work into the time just before an inspection as I am a perfectionist and put myself under so much stress then for it not to happen was just terrible.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by judipoo View Post
    My last inspection was October 2008! I have " been ready" since October 2011 so you can imagine how much underlying stress this has caused. I then had the call the end of Feb when she wanted to come the day after my son's 18th birthday party held at home! I asked if she would bring it forward as I had been waiting so long and she then gave me dates of 3 days the next week or if not 2 days 3 weeks later. Nothing the first week then the day before the last date for the possible inspection she left a message to say she was cancelling my inspection and would be in touch - have'nt heard anything still 3 months on. Outrageous unprofessional behaviour in my eyes. I put so much extra work into the time just before an inspection as I am a perfectionist and put myself under so much stress then for it not to happen was just terrible.
    I had mine nov 08 and giving up thinking about them coming!

Can I ask what grade you got before as I am hearing they have a system

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had mine, after the last one being well over 4 years , thats the norm now,. If you have Outstanding could even be longer.

Sept 96
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    I had mine nov 08 and giving up thinking about them coming!

Can I ask what grade you got before as I am hearing they have a system 
    I had a GOOD at my last inspection. I have completed a very thorough SEF online though about 27000 words long (!) so the inspector would get a really good idea of my setting if she read it which may be another reason why she delayed mine over someone else who perhaps was SATISFACTORY and/or hadn't submitted a SEF. - all guesswork though on my part.