First Ofsted Inspection - very very nervous!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Ofsted Inspection - very very nervous!

Hello!

I have my first Ofsted inspection next week. I know when it is because I only have one child one day a week. I mainly have children before school and after school and sort of 'fell in to' having a child during the day - but I do love having her! Because of the infrequency of her visits (its also not every week) it does make it very difficult to plan for her, and she also goes to a pre-school 5 mornings a week, so her mum doesn't expect anything from me other than actual childminding, but I know Ofsted will expect more from me. Anyway I am really nervous and feeling very sick every time I think about it.

What type of things to they look for and ask you? I just want to be as prepared as possible. Also do you have to have some ethnic toys? I just have generic toys, dolls, happy land, cars etc - nothing specific.

Many thanks in advance
    Sarah

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Must be difficult for them to grade when CMs have few children. Good luck, and am sure it will go well !! There are threads on here regarding inspections which should help

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The best thing you can do is relax and try to be yourself. Show the inspector how well you know the child by talking about ther and what she does etc and put out an activity that you know she likes. Show how the child has made progress with you and what you are doing to help her reach the next steps etc. Use the lits on here to check you all the paperwork you need and have it ready for the inspector. You will be fine. The fact you have come on here and asked shows you want to do the best you can. Good luck.

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jillplum and Chriss - I'll try and relax!

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I say to people if you come out of your inspection still able to childmind then it was successful

Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It will all go OK I am sure, make sure you have details from her preschool planning, and try to link something in from this. It might only be a photocopied sheet - this wont matter, all will help.

7. Likes Sarahchick liked this post