Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st Inspection and need help...

I've just had the dreaded phone call for next week (not actually due til mid November!!) and am all of a sudden in major panic and self doubting mode! I got my first mindee mid Sept, after school 3 days a week, I have policy's, procedures, more policy's for policy's etc., risk assessments, contracts, all about me (but this is basic as he's 4 is that ok??) parental permission forms signed!.. I have started a scrap book as he's of school age and I don't need to do a learning journey? Is that right?? What info should I be putting in this apart form bits of craft work he's done?? Also I'm booked in to a hygiene course for local council but that's not til Nov.. Is it worth me paying for one and doing it online over weekend?? Will it go against me that I've yet to do it?? And as I've only just started have not ventured in to the world of sef, going to have a shot over weekend! Any tips for this?? What else have I missed off my list?? Sorry for the bombardment but my head feels like its on upside down right now and with me only just starting minding and I hardly have him I feel like they wont have enough to go on to grade me decently!!

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

...Also re EYFS? As I don't have any on role how do I show a good understanding/knowledge? I have no obs/evidence! Will this go against me?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I suggest you ring back and explain to Ofsted that you are not currently minding Eyfs aged children.

If you do not have them you cannot be inspected on them!!

Hth

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I suggest you ring back and explain to Ofsted that you are not currently minding Eyfs aged children.

If you do not have them you cannot be inspected on them!!

Hth
    She knows, I told her I only have 1 child, he only started last month and he's after school only! I even got in the 'wrap around care' quote .... She said she will be here after 3.30 then on one of the 3 days next week that I have him

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop panicking, she will not be trying to catch you out. Make sure you have all the relevant policies and basic paper work required. Leave it in a box on the sofa for her to look at.
    Hygiene course is not a must have, put it on your sef that you have booked it and why, it's good self reflection and shows your forward planning.
    without some evidence of eyfs obs and linking I can't see how you could get more than a satisfactory even if you can explain it all to her. I think I'd mock up something ahowing obs and links etc, to prove you know what you are doing for when you do get an eyfs child not in full time school, I fact you could add some obs to go with this child's artwork and photographs just because you don't have to deliver the full eyfs it does not mean you can't.

6. Likes MandyW liked this post
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about maybe do something on my Nephew Bluebear but wasn't sure if it would be of any use! Will throw something together over weekend to give them an idea that I'm 'kinda' clued up

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Do it on your school child not your nephew it's more relevant and he is within eyfs. (you just don't have to do full eyfs with him)

9. Likes MandyW liked this post