Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you!!! My inspection is overdue from Feb, so any tips about what the inspectors were hot on would really help as I'm expecting them sooner rather than later. Then the stress will really set in!!!
    Congratulations again.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I am so pleased for you! Well done to both of you!

I am glad the check list of changes helped as well. I have told a number of childminders that they can use it as part of their CPD - hopefully reading your post they will believe me now

Sarah could i be a pain and ask what was on the check list? im new to all this and my brain is fried lol

well done for the fab inspection, id be over the moon xxx

3. Likes SamBaker liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's all completely terrifying to read! I was also hoping to get an outstanding grading when I have my first inspection, it seems highly unlikely though! It's so good to hear that there are others in the same boat with the same concerns and hopes!
    It seems when it comes to your inspector it's luck of the draw!

dec 99
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vix1404 View Post
    my inspector told me on my first inspection that as i wasent from a childcare background the best result i could get would be satisfactory :-(
    At my second last inspection, my inspector told me - as soon as she walked throught the door - that I wouldnt get another outstanding on her inspection, as she believed there was always room for improvement and therefore never gave outstanding as a grade ???

I think there should be more standardisation for inspectors to follow - I liaise regularly with two colleagues and we share ideas, documents, policies etc and all 3 of us were graded differently ?? seems really unfair as my friend who got a satisfactory is an excellent childminder

July 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep! Same scenario here! My inspector was absolutely lovely. The report arrived today and it honestly sounds like an outstanding judgement. However, I was told that I had not been minding long enough to show progression.

My mindee has completed all the 0-11 months on development matters and is well on her way to completing 8-20mths. How is that not showing progression?

The reasons on the report for not outstanding are not having a scrap book (my pics are all on my computer with obs) and not enough parental input. Well, when you have a parent who doesn't even want to look after his sick daughter on his day off, you don't have much hope for input!! But that's another matter!! Hee hee!!

Anyway, well done to us all with our top end of good! Lets all pat ourselves on the back!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12