Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Done!

I have mine on Wednesday and am very nervous too.

This might sound like a silly question but I have a signing in book, do I have to get the inspector to sign in?

Tomorrow is housework day as I have no children, am so tired though as was up until 12.40am making sure I had everything!! Just hope it goes as well as yours

melco

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melco View Post
    Well Done!

I have mine on Wednesday and am very nervous too.

This might sound like a silly question but I have a signing in book, do I have to get the inspector to sign in?

Tomorrow is housework day as I have no children, am so tired though as was up until 12.40am making sure I had everything!! Just hope it goes as well as yours

melco
    Yes, s/he is a visitor and will expect to see how you manage visitors. If, like mine, you visitor book has a bit stating "I was not left alone with the children during my stay", then s/he'll probably fill in the name at the start but not sign until s/he leaves.

I also talked her through my "what to do if the smoke alarm goes off" evacuation procedure, including where to find the key (cos we're locked in); asked if if she had any special access needs; and checked she was comfortable lone working with me. She was very impressed with this. To confuse matters, she didn't have a photo ID, so I made a point of calling her office for a visual description.

She said I was very thorough and organised, and didn't even change her mind when she found 1 or 2 of my sticky-note reminders around the place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12