Still waiting...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Still waiting...

I had my pre-reg May 2011 and have been minding since the end of August 2011. I am still waiting for my grading visit and am really anxious about it as I wanst it before the changes in september or I feel like all my hard work with observatiosn up till now will have been wasted in a way.

Has anyone ever called and asked for an inspection because I'm tempted but scared I could be shooting myself in the foot if I don't get the grade I want and that I shuld ahve just waited. Agghhh!!!

I think I'll be ok, my main concerns are swapping info with nursery of the 4 year old, I talk to them and we say new things he's done but nothing official. Parents communication I think will be good as I do a newsletter and they have access to onlien folders with pictures and typed up observations.

Also risk assessments, obviously I check the house isn't dangerous before the children arrive but don't write it all down.

What else should I make sure on for if I make the dreaded call or is it a bad idea to do that?!

Help me!!

Dawn

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

as for the communication with nursery , get yourself a little note book and jot down the things they have told you and you have told them..most of us struggle with communication with other settings , so at least you have got a 2 way dialogue going - just need to evidence it - and mention it in your SEF too.
    I have no written daily ticklist but do have very indepth RAs and a daily checklist. I dont tick it to say its been done , rather make a note iif there are any problems. Ticklists actually prove nothing whatsoever!
    Parent communication sounds fine - but how do they respond / communicate with you? And how have you acted on what they have said. All things to include in the SEF.

I would do your sef if you havent already - sarahs ebook is a great help - and it may also highlight any areas you want to tighten up on before the inspection. Then give them a ring!

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Would a book showing communication with nursery need to be signed or anything like that though?

Parents are pleased with communication i think and enjoy the newsletter, pictures etc. I've got emails back from parents commenting on it that I could print out?

I've got thank you cards in my portfolio folder and did a questionnaire just before xmas so ahve got all that.

SEF is handwritten so will type that up before I make any call.

This is going to sound awful but haven't had any criticism or bad comments from parents apart fiorm one saying they thought an older child was playing a bit rough with their 1 year old.

Like you say a ticksheet doesnt show much because I could do that at any time and fake it really! I suppose a list of things to cehck and then just noting any problems coudl eb an option though.

Do they really expect perfection on the first one though!?
    Dawn

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel, I have been waiting for my graded inspection aswell I was considering calling them last week but then they phoned me! They said they will visit this week or next week, they said they had to inspect me before September so I am sure they will contact you soon, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnbhh1982 View Post
    Like you say a ticksheet doesnt show much because I could do that at any time and fake it really! I suppose a list of things to cehck and then just noting any problems coudl eb an option though.
    !?
    That,s what I do, note any problems and what I did about them.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!