Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: word of warning re advertising

Im sorry to say but this sort of thing is happening all the time.

I had this happen to me in December last year. Care Commission came to my door stating that they had received a complaint about me leaving 4 pre-school kids in my car in xxxx street on xxxxx day.

The week of that complaint my own children had flu so had no minded children and on the said date and time I was in Sick Kids Hospital with my daughter who was being attended to for dehydration.

The complaint was then abolished as I had proof but it was let slip that it was another childminder who was going around making false complaints against other minders and has now been struck off.
    Fiona xx

May2007
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm shocked that a childminder left a child ALONE in a car!

May2007
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry just re read it. If that is the case then that is a terrible thing and a complete injustice,but if she did do it then she only has herself to blame.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by little bees View Post
    However when this was supposed to off happened the minder was no where near the supermarket and was actually on an outing and had dated pictures to prove this. Ofsted have decided that because the member of public could describe the make model car reg and sign details she MUST HAVE DONE IT!!!!.
    Obviousl ysomeone has it in for her. SHe should not let that rest. If she has proof then she must fight it all the way
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Post Thanks / Like

GOOD NEWS, the complaint has NOT BEEN UPHELD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by little bees View Post
    GOOD NEWS, the complaint has NOT BEEN UPHELD.
    That's good news for your friend's friend.

I'm really pleased it has been sorted out

miffy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to heat it wasn't upheld.

littletreasures

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was planning on using my families cars as mobile adverts. I would really like to see someone try to pull that one on me, seeing as I don't drive and only have a provisional license!!!

it's disgusting the depths some people will sink to!!!

glad its all be sorted for her
    boo

process if registration
    Post Thanks / Like

what a scary story i advertise my buisness all over my car not sure what to do now maybe i should take them off poor childminder ofstead have really let her down if her story is true

leanne

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awful.There are some cruel people in this world
    I am glad she has got it sorted.
    I want to put a poster in my car but this has put me right off .
    I have put poster's up today around near were i live & i really hope i dont get any funny phone calls or any trouble

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not at all surprised what people would say to discredit people - I took on 2 new children after easter (sisters) and on the second day when I did my drop off at school the handbread on my car came off and it rolled into the car in front which just happened to be the Reception teachers car to cut a long story short (and normally I'm good at long stories but I'm not well so will try to be brief) I felt sure that I was the talk of the school and had it confirmed by other childminders that yes there was some talk about it but that wasn't surprising as they collect children from the reception class and year one (the class that my mindee is in). I'd got used to it and felt that by now the 9 day wonder would be over but I was wrong. Last Saturday I was giving a childminder from across the road from me a lift to EYFS training and she asked me if I'd crashed my car at the school - (she collects from a different school closer to our houses). I couldn't believe what she was telling me, she said that it was a woman at her daughters dance school who told her and another childminder who lives at the other side of town about it. I was pig sick it could really get out of hand and snowball into the fact that I'd hit a child or something. I wasn't even in the car at the time I'd un loaded 4 children with and the handbrake was on and when I returned to my car there was this woman standing rear the front of it talking to a man who was on the same side of the road as the school as I thought she was with a child who was on a bike near my car and couldn't believe it when she told me what had happened I approached the car from behind with 3 children in toe and hadn't realised that my car was so close to the one infront of it that it had actually connected with it. My main thought was that I was so grateful no body was passing between the two cars when it rolled I own a Citroen C8 and the teachers car is a Citroen picasso. Everything was sorted out quickly and eventually the teacher got the dent in the boot mended - now I see someone has graunched the door sill on the passanger side and done a lot more damage than my car did - its a bit like the damage my DH did to my car on an ornamental rock in a carpark in in local retail park. Mud sticks especially when the subject of the gossip is either faceless or the new kid on the block as it were. Sorry I'm falling asleep now so take care speak more soon when I feel better.
    Celest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123