First Inspection at a different setting?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Inspection at a different setting?!

Had the call from Tribal today and when I told her I only have one child half a day a week she was going to put me down as not minding just yet. This is the same lady that did my pre-reg visit in September. Then I mentioned that I also work one day a week as an assistant and she said she was going to do my inspection there. I was a bit gobsmacked to be honest. I said shouldn't I be asking permission from the person whose premises it is first and she said she just needs to see me at work with the children and to bring along my folder and paperwork/obs for the child I have in my care.

Has anybody heard of this before? The childminder I work for is very experienced and has never heard of anything like it, obviously it will feel like another inspection for her too.

Would appreciate some advice with this one please.

Regards
    Sue

Post Thanks / Like

I've not heard of this either - how will she check your premises are safe?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sep-09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

considering that most inspections do not take more then 1/2 a day I cant see why she cant do it at yours especially as she wants to see the paperwork from your setting etc.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I was inspected when I only did mornings, Mrs O, said thats fine, I can observe and then we can chat when LO goes home to finish off

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter if you are working only half a day a week she should still come and out and fit the appointment round you having the child! Like Miffy says how can she check your premises if she doesn't come to your setting? Sounds peculiar. I would phone O and ask them to explain and tell them that you are not happy

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the premises needed inspecting as well. This sounds strange. Surely she could have inspected you when you had you mindee.

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My employer telephoned Ofsted and it isn't right, it would be different if we were co-minding but I am her assistant. They have said to get back in touch with her and rearrange. On reflection I think she doesn't want to work the Thursday afternoon and Ofsted think she may need targets to meet. Anyway I've been leaving messages on her phone but she still hasn't called me back, if I don't hear by Monday I shall ring Ofsted and get them to sort it I think.

Thank you all for your replies.