Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Miffy I think she means in yellow pages because they put your full address and a map of where you are and you can't opt out of them doing that if you advertise with them I think.
    I'm in yellow pages not yell.com there's no map of where I am.

I am sorry but I think your naive in believing you can't be traced, I know your full name and your town but sadly don't have the time to do the search.

In answer to the yellow pages question yes. Have had lots of business in the past but not recently. Will check I am still in there

RS In fact you and your job are number one on the search with your full name and town in google sorry to prove you wrong, I wanted for me not to find you but you were the top 4 on the search list
    Last edited by ajs; 20-01-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in the yellow pages but I gave the address on my local Asda 2 min walk.
    I put in my advert that the address is for my local Asda due to child protection issues and If they would like to contact me please use the mobile number required.

No I will not be opting into Ofsted adding my address. x
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my letter today. I have to be honest, I didn't see much of a problem with it. I don't want my name & address on the Ofsed website so I won't sign the form.

I only gave the letter a quick skim through though. Is there more to it than that?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    I'm in yellow pages not yell.com there's no map of where I am.

I am sorry but I think your naive in believing you can't be traced, I know your full name and your town but sadly don't have the time to do the search.

In answer to the yellow pages question yes. Have had lots of business in the past but not recently. Will check I am still in there

RS In fact you and your job are number one on the search with your full name and town in google sorry to prove you wrong, I wanted for me not to find you but you were the top 4 on the search list
    Yes, you have found my entry on my local FIS listing which does tell you my area but not my full postal address just my email and phone numbers.

It is of course each persons choice whether they give Ofsted permission to publish their info but I just wanted to pass on my feelings so they may see a different point of view. I know I am quite protective.

I know that if someone is determined to find me they will but why make it easier by advertising along side my Ofsted report and including my full postal address. I know some people don't have a problem but I feel that the less the fact that I am a childcarer working on my own is just out there the better I am protected from someone just randomly knocking on the door.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 20-01-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I got my letter today. I have to be honest, I didn't see much of a problem with it. I don't want my name & address on the Ofsed website so I won't sign the form.

I only gave the letter a quick skim through though. Is there more to it than that?
    No there isn't mouse, if you want your address on the ofsted site you sign the form if you don't bin it, simples

Having just read comments on other sites regarding this there are just as many pro this as against, It is personal choice.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

That's right Mouse but I just wanted to open a debate and put my view as to why I won't be sending the form back in case it made someone look at it in a different way, especially as Ofsted are pushing the 'you may get more business buttons' in the letter.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I'll agree to it but I'm wondering if from a parents point of view are they likely to go to the ones with the address details first when looking for care before considering others. Do they want phone numbers too?

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have managed 10 years without posting my address ................. no way will i be ticking the yes box. No need !!
    CWR

july 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i used to be in the yellow pages only did this for a year didn't bother after as nothing came of it. i didn't have my address just area so felt a bit safer. As for ofsted they won't be getting my consent. as far as i'm concerned our unique number is more than enough. surely just putting a distance (miles) from your property would be more than enough like the childcare site. i thought this letter was a joke and not real

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I don't think I'll agree to it but I'm wondering if from a parents point of view are they likely to go to the ones with the address details first when looking for care before considering others. Do they want phone numbers too?

I am going to write to them and was going to ask about this and email addresses. FIS give that info and I wouldn't mind that but not my address.

oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wavering off the subject a little - I was surprised to see on our family information service that they put a link to ofsted with my report on. My name and address and telephone number is mentioned on the website, but my registration number and report is in the link. Didn't know that they could do this, but there again the reports are public. What do you think about this?
    Clorogue

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clorogue View Post
    Just wavering off the subject a little - I was surprised to see on our family information service that they put a link to ofsted with my report on. My name and address and telephone number is mentioned on the website, but my registration number and report is in the link. Didn't know that they could do this, but there again the reports are public. What do you think about this?
    I don't see a problem with this parents could ring the info service and get our reg number to look up our reports anyway. I had a couple visit last Sunday who had looked at my report. If your name and address are on the information service web site then you must have given your permission for it to be included. If you did not then they should not have put the address there and you can ask them to remove it.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just received the letter too. Will fill it in and send it off in a bit. I don't have any issue with it.

My house is here whether or not ofsted put it on their website. I honestly don't see how publishing my address causes any child protection issues.

Most of the houses on this estate are filled with families with children, most of them don't keep their doors locked all day, most of them don't carefully check the id's of each and every visiting tradesman and cold caller, most of them do not ensure their property is completely and totally secure, most of them don't practise evacuation procedures, most of them don't have all the relevant emergency contact numbers on their phone etc.

I think most of them will be softer targets than me for any potential deviant!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

...however, childcare resources targeted junk mail may increase I would imagine!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an inspector around the other day, she said address as in full one shouldn't be broadcasted as you don't know who is looking at the details.. Even tho you are their supervising children you don't want someone dodgy watching your moves.. Their are some horrible people about.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie1989 View Post
    I had an inspector around the other day, she said address as in full one shouldn't be broadcasted as you don't know who is looking at the details.. Even tho you are their supervising children you don't want someone dodgy watching your moves.. Their are some horrible people about.
    So if this is the advise of an inspector why are Ofsted doing it! It makes me laugh.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    ...however, childcare resources targeted junk mail may increase I would imagine!

That could indeed happen and there is nothing stopping Ofsted making money by selling our contact details.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That could indeed happen and there is nothing stopping Ofsted making money by selling our contact details.
    I think the Data Protection Act would stop that.
    Pauline x

oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a problem with this parents could ring the info service and get our reg number to look up our reports anyway. I had a couple visit last Sunday who had looked at my report. If your name and address are on the information service web site then you must have given your permission for it to be included. If you did not then they should not have put the address there and you can ask them to remove it.

I meant to say my name and address and telephone number are not on the website - sorry! I definitely didn't want them on there. I am not too bothered about the link to my report, I just didn't expect it. I had a family visit me this week who had already read my report too by googling my name, then it linked to information service and then they followed the link.
    Clorogue

Feb 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

With the issue of tracing individuals childminders its already possible for those that have registered with ICO to be tracked.
    Just by typing in the childminders name throws up their ICO entry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast