Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First graded inspection tomorrow or Tues! :{

Hi all.

I have my first graded inspection either tomorrow or Tuesday! I know it is ridiculous but I dont think I have ever been so nervous! ( not even when I was in labour! ) I have had just over a weeks notice so have been doing nothing but paperwork ( mainly SEF ) SINCE.
    Just wanted a bit of reassurance really! All my paperwork is up together, I think. I know my planning is a weakness but I currently mind three children on different days of the week, two of which are 19 months and the other one is 15 months ( my own son has just turned 1 ). I do find it difficult to plan as they are quite happy just doing their own thing and usually if I try to initiate an activity they go off down another route so I just let them play! Am I doing the right thing or should I be planning daily activities for them?

apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Very new myself i'l probably be asking similar soon, just wanted to say good luck. Im sure you will get your answers.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Under 3s are the right age for lots of play and individual planning to suit their interests which I am sure you are organising for them.

good luck!

Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks as though it's going to be tomorrow! Thank you and yes Sarah, I do individual planning for them. I have just bought your planning ebook which has been a big help. Here's to another sleepless night! Xxx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to ask how long you have been childminding - I am really worried Ofsted will come to see me before my six months are up as i won't be ready!! Good Luck on Tuesday xx

Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been childminding for four months now. x

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for tomorrow - hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am waiting for my inspection I am over the 6 months period and not had a call yet.

How did it go?

c x

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't worry

Try not to worry, they're not as scary as you think!! My inspector did tell me something which I didn't know; As soon as an appointment has been made to visit you, your online sef is automatically locked so if you're filling it out online as I was you can no longer add to it which was a bit frustrating! Let us know how you got on?!

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Scarlivs That's interesting as I know that happens with school SEFs, however, I had The Call on Friday morning, completed my SEF online on Friday night (had done most of it) and then submitted it.

In fact, I've just gone on to check, and it's still allowing me to edit and submit it now. You'd think that the 'Submit' button would disappear or something, but apparently not!

Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry

I have written an essay in the members only area explaining how it went. Please go in and take a read as I welcome all advice on the situation!!!!!!!!!

Lou. xxx