Registered Childminder since
    Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    08/08/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mrs O is coming

Can't believe it - so nervous, have to get everything virtually finalised.
    Mrs O has just rang and she is coming next Thursday at 10am.
    have nearly finished my policies. do I need any other paperwork??? shall I get a first aid kit in??? have got posters of alphabet's, numbers, maps, pictures of fruit. story books, childrens dvd's, some baby toys, dressing up clothes, puzzles, colouring books, art & craft stuff. road play mat (no cars yet). have a tea set and till, ponies, remote control cars, fun fish magnets, outdoors ball games, need to get some building blocks, and some other things. if anyone could suggest anything else - please let me know. will have to fill in my "are you ready for your visit book" - if anything else is needed please let me know, less than a week to get this all sorted.
    Wish me luck

Fairy hugs to all
    Tanya

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

try and fill in the booklet. relax. they are very helpful at the reg visit. they don't want to see your toys yet. they appreciate that you will get resources appropriate for your mindees when you get them. they will just have a look around your house, a chat about how things are going to work and they might make some helpful suggestions for when you are started. Honestly, nothing to worry about at all! Make sure you have tea and coffee in though

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

forgot to say; yes, first aid kit & fire blanket would be good to have there but if not just tell her/him that you are aware that you have to get these before you start minding.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't panic, you'll be fine

Read through your booklet - the inspector is there to answer your questions too and don't forget we're all here to help.

Wishing you lots of luck

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    08/08/11
    Post Thanks / Like

All good on the tea/coffee front, she likes Earl Grey, luckly I have plenty of those.
    Will get a first aid kit.
    The fire blanket - etc, I'm hoping to get from NCMA in their package.
    The booklet your refering to is the "Early years Register: preparing for your visit" yes must fill that in this weekend. will go through all my old paperwork from childminding course for that one.
    I'm better on the practical side of things, not the greatest with paperwork, but I am good at writing stories and involved style of writing of observations etc.
    what other paperwork do you think they would like to see apart from policies and procedures, as am getting that box set from NMCA when I have signed up with them.#will have to write the questions down - so I don't get stummped, def not good with on the spot questions, as my head goes into a tizzy.
    Thank you all for your help.
    Any more will be much appreciated.
    Tanya

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont worry about things, they are purely there to help... you seem to be organized and have things in place, so just take a deep breath and relax. It will all go fine
    Lisa Burrows x x

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    08/08/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all.
    have nearly finished filling in booklet. do I need to show how I would organise paperwork or do you think they are ok with me getting Ncma stuff.
    I have got some blank notebooks, just in case they want to see how I would organise their observations etc.
    I'm going to do a sort of scrap book too with pictures and little jots, just like they used to have for my daughter when she went to playgroup. in fact I still have it, I could use that as a reference guide or something.
    just trying to think of what else I may need to do.
    Tanya
    Fairy hugs