Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection over!!!!!!

Mrs O came this morning after making me wait all week!!

She seemed very nice but also very on the ball and professional i offered her a cup of tea and she insisted on just water!
    She arrived just before my mindee so we walked around the areas i use with my 18 month old daughter. She then sat down got her laptop out as my mindee arrived with mum. Mrs O spoke to mum about the setting etc and luckily my mindee (who is 2) was happy to butt in and talk about me too!!
    We then got on and played with the blocks and the train set as Mrs O watched from across the room.
    She asked me questions whilst we were playing about
    How i promote healthy eating? How i promote ethnicity and diversity? Who would i contact if i thought a mindee had special needs? How i would recognise or the signs of neglect and abuse? i answered these to the best of my ability.
    The children then had a biscuit (after washing the hands) and a drink and then went for a nappy change (in another room) and sleep.
    When i came back into the room with her she asked me if i check on the children whilst they sleep of so how often? also do i change the children in the same area and on the same mat?
    i sat and had a cup of tea and she explained to me that i have an overall Good and a Satisfactory as i dont have children with disabilitys which i thought was quite harsh i cant demand to look after children with disabilitys this is out of my control and i did argue this but she said that it has to be put in to the report
    I have been given recommendations for:
    Outing Risk assessments (i forgot to do these)
    and also in my learning journey i havent used the officail EYFS deveoplment sheet to high light what mindee has done (which again i thought quite harsh as i have a perfectly good thing in place to show this) she says i have to put in place the EYFS version.

I am pleased with my overall good as she said its Excelent for a 1st inspection and it is very difficult to give an outstanding!! i am a little disappointed though as i have put so much blood sweat and tears into my LJ an paperwork.
    Oh well see her in 4 years

jun 79
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstandingb
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you... now you can relax for a few years !! sometimes they do pick up on the most trivial things which we can think is a bit harsh, but your grade is brilliant .

I had mine this week and its such a relief to be all over at last ( they were 11 months overdue ) I can now have a quiet weekend without checking all my stuff again ... and again even thought i knew it was all there.
    Sue x

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

and also in my learning journey i havent used the officail EYFS deveoplment sheet to high light what mindee has done (which again i thought quite harsh as i have a perfectly good thing in place to show this) she says i have to put in place the EYFS version.

mmmmm

I would love to know where it says in the official paperwork that we have to use this??

good for you on an excellent grading xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's not fair The Eyfs development matters sheets are guidance not statutory.

If you feel you want to argue it then I think you probably can have the wording changed on that one.

Well done on your result though good is brilliant!

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your kind words I am a bit disappointed like I said especially as she has pulled me up on the EYFS thing in my LJ I know of other Childminders that have outstanding and they don't gave half the stuff in place I do but I suppose it depends or your inspector huh!!

Is Overall good a good grade to have for first inspection?

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nannysue View Post
    Well done you... now you can relax for a few years !! sometimes they do pick up on the most trivial things which we can think is a bit harsh, but your grade is brilliant .

I had mine this week and its such a relief to be all over at last ( they were 11 months overdue ) I can now have a quiet weekend without checking all my stuff again ... and again even thought i knew it was all there.

I know what u mean about constantly checking and then checking again it can be put away for a bit now I need a healthy break from EYFS and LJ's

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LilyBelles View Post

Is Overall good a good grade to have for first inspection?
    Yes it is a very good grade for a first inspection!

Some inspectors don't give better than satisfactory with the odd good because their guidance says that it is unlikely a new childminder will have systems embedded and self evaluations in place to warrant a better grade.

So you should be very pleased with yourself

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nannysue View Post

I know what u mean about constantly checking and then checking again it can be put away for a bit now I need a healthy break from EYFS and LJ's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Yes it is a very good grade for a first inspection!

Some inspectors don't give better than satisfactory with the odd good because their guidance says that it is unlikely a new childminder will have systems embedded and self evaluations in place to warrant a better grade.

So you should be very pleased with yourself
    I'll echo that - well done!

Wait for your report to arrive, read it through and if you're not happy about any of the wording then you can challenge it.

Just out of interest did you complete a SEF?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

june 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i have just had my registration visit and am awaiting my reg cert so i can start work - its was most interesting reading this about the inspection - thanks so much for posting it. its intestesting to read that different inspectors judge things in diffferent ways! kinda scary in a way that you might get someone really harsh and on the other hand someone quite relaxed and therefore this gives a different meaning to a "satisfactory/good/execelent" result! i thought it would be a stricter maybe fairer system so we all know what to aim for - how can we try to be excellent if the deciding factor is the inspector and we cannot know what they want till they arrive!

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post

Just out of interest did you complete a SEF?

Miffy xx
    Yes miffy I did complete my SEF she seemed to pick it to bits and asked me lots of questions involving it.

She was a very nice lady but seemed to be a bit of an ogre too!!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

well done on your Good grade

I am not sure how she expected you to have a child with disabilities I don't have one! the only thing I have come across in my minded children in over 16 years is a dairy intolerant child! I am open to any child who I can provide the right care for
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    QUOTE=PixiePetal;937604]well done on your Good grade

I am not sure how she expected you to have a child with disabilities I don't have one! the only thing I have come across in my minded children in over 16 years is a dairy intolerant child! I am open to any child who I can provide the right care for
    [/QUOTE]

How can they mark you down for this as long as you have all the policies in place to support your work ethos if the situation arose.

I would fight this one all the way.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your help, I think I am going to wait for the paperwork to cone through and see what the wording is and of course let you all know

I just feel she was being really picky and like we have said there was no reason for this satisfactory