Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Annnnd breathe! She's been.

After two weeks of sleepless nights, up at all hours catching up on paperwork and generally freaking out, Mrs O came on Wednesday. When I saw her approaching the house I even wondered whether to open the door or not!

But all was ok, she knew I was very nervous about her coming and she put me at ease.
    A couple of issues she had were the position of my fire blanket- it was in a glass fronted cupboard in my kitchen, very accessible and very visible but she said it should be up on the wall (which is annoying as the walls are tiled and this house is rented but oh well) and the position of my registration certificate- it was in a huge frame, along with all the rest of my certs but she said that if a parent had a complaint and wanted my reg number, they'd have to walk across my kitchen and study the cert for the number and that would make them uncomfortable. She suggested I put it in my hall, except that my hall is small and narrow which would be even stranger for a parent. Soooo, a bit odd but again oh well!

Also, I only had one towel in the toilet (I usually have one for each kiddie but they were drying) but she wasn't too bothered as I had a hand towel for each child in the kitchen.

It took over 4 hours and all the kids played up BIG TIME, they're usually all beautifully behaved and quite perfect. Each of the 3 kids needed 2 poops each. My own daughter decided to wallop the baby and chuck her wet knickers at the inspector. I was left rather speechless but life goes on.

I was very surprised that she rated me GOOD but she added that she was looking at the whole picture. Just as well really...

I'm glad that this only happens every three years.

Jo x

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

wel done hunny you obviously coped very well big pat on the back for you

xxx
    Jennie x x

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, cheers Mookins, I don't think I coped very well at all and believe it or not, I'm usually very good under pressure! I was stammering and shaking and not getting my words out, a complete wreck!

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, and to add that I was marked down as satisfactory for the home-link thing- whatever it's called as neither of my mindees were at school or nursery so I'd have no evidence of that anyway.

She was very happy with my diversity and inclusion. It's something I get a bit crazy and passionate about.

But saying that, even though I felt my inspector was very strict and professional, I think I may have got off lightly!

x

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

oh thats ace! did chuckle at your little girl and the wet knickers teehee, dont they just love to play up when you really wish theyd be good? lol
    What's for you, wont pass by you

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i got marked down as satisfactory in the safeguarding hun one of the most important areas (inmy eyes) for starters i hadnt replaced the bandages in the first aid box after i took them out for the kids to play with

xxxx
    Jennie x x

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Another case of not having a level playing field because my certificate is displayed in my kitchen and always has been. At some inspections I have mentioned that I don't want to put it in hallway because I don't want any tom, Dick or Harry who comes knoking on my door seeing it and knowing I'm a childminder (not that I am saying it is wrong for anyone else to have their's in hallway I am just expressing my own reasoning), and as for parent not knowing your ofsted number well you would of course have given them a copy of your last inspection anyway so they should have your number!

Well done

Cx